Author Topic: TIME TO KILL BUZZSAW!!!!  (Read 11322 times)

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
Re: TIME TO KILL BUZZSAW!!!!
« Reply #90 on: March 01, 2017, 09:06:04 AM »
I think the biggest problem is people that refuse to change their playing style. That's what this map offers; a change in pace. People hate it because they cant do what they normally do. I have a great time on the map because it forces me to fight outside my comfort zone. People have the hardest time with adapt and overcome. Instead they want to sit in their bubble.

I've never seen so many people fuss about stuff as much as I do in this game. People get so flustered if something is changed and it changes what their used to.

Sorry but if I pay 15 dollars to fly fighters against fighters in a game called Aces HIGH and you stick me on a GV based map I ain't gonna like it. Same goes for lots of other players.
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #91 on: March 01, 2017, 09:09:29 AM »
Sorry but if I pay 15 dollars to fly fighters against fighters in a game called Aces HIGH and you stick me on a GV based map I ain't gonna like it. Same goes for lots of other players.

That's fine, but if you refuse to change your fighting style to adapt to the map, then that's on you, not HTC. That's making a problem out of nothing. For those that only want fighter vs fighter, there's always the match play arena.
AH Supporter Since Tour 35

Offline DubiousKB

• Silver Member
« Reply #92 on: March 01, 2017, 09:10:45 AM »
Give the magic map makers a bit of time...  I know that if I made a map, i'd be eternally flamed, so I should step back from the "firing line" as it were...

Can't be easy. 

I also noticed that it is a different experience when in different country positions on this map. SW is much different than SE is to the North.  Balance is not easy...
56th Fighter Group -  Jug Life

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #93 on: March 01, 2017, 09:15:13 AM »
I think the biggest problem is people that refuse to change their playing style. That's what this map offers; a change in pace. People hate it because they cant do what they normally do. I have a great time on the map because it forces me to fight outside my comfort zone. People have the hardest time with adapt and overcome. Instead they want to sit in their bubble.

I've never seen so many people fuss about stuff as much as I do in this game. People get so flustered if something is changed and it changes what their used to.
So by change tactics I should go join everyone in the center flying in puffy ack but when I post a disable puffy ack thread I get told to not fly in it....like I already said this map has puffy along all fronts and in the center where most of the fights occur...I avoid it like the plague because I guess I have bad luck with it (I die or take damage probably half the times I fly in it even when manuevering). The high alts if anything put me where I'm more successful in fighters if anything and I'm definitely down for tanking if there is a fight I can find....gameplay going stale isn't players faults if on every other map in rotation game play is fine....

Honestly I want to know what the average number is who play when Buzzsaw I up....I swear the numbers seem low every time it's up.
Give the magic map makers a bit of time...  I know that if I made a map, i'd be eternally flamed, so I should step back from the "firing line" as it were...

Can't be easy. 

I also noticed that it is a different experience when in different country positions on this map. SW is much different than SE is to the North.  Balance is not easy...
No doubt it's a lot of work....Look at the F35 a lot of money and crap went into that but I can still say it sucks  :aok :aok
That's fine, but if you refuse to change your fighting style to adapt to the map, then that's on you, not HTC. That's making a problem out of nothing. For those that only want fighter vs fighter, there's always the match play arena.
So a map should change gameplay??? A GOOD map I would think opens up all forms of gameplay....this does not
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #94 on: March 01, 2017, 09:30:31 AM »
Junky is better at wording things than I. I'll leave this to him.
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #95 on: March 01, 2017, 09:33:44 AM »

Yes, because being continually clobbered by puffy ack is so fun!   Not.
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #96 on: March 01, 2017, 09:35:57 AM »
Junky is better at wording things than I. I'll leave this to him.

Often he takes the words right out of my mouth. 

I thought the exact same thing before reading his "then don't fly in the puffy ack" line.   Those attacking us want it both ways.   
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #97 on: March 01, 2017, 09:42:06 AM »
So by change tactics I should go join everyone in the center flying in puffy ack but when I post a disable puffy ack thread I get told to not fly in it....like I already said this map has puffy along all fronts and in the center where most of the fights occur...I avoid it like the plague because I guess I have bad luck with it (I die or take damage probably half the times I fly in it even when manuevering). The high alts if anything put me where I'm more successful in fighters if anything and I'm definitely down for tanking if there is a fight I can find....gameplay going stale isn't players faults if on every other map in rotation game play is fine....

Honestly I want to know what the average number is who play when Buzzsaw I up....I swear the numbers seem low every time it's up.No doubt it's a lot of work....Look at the F35 a lot of money and crap went into that but I can still say it sucks  :aok :aokSo a map should change gameplay??? A GOOD map I would think opens up all forms of gameplay....this does not

Plain and simple, why do most people not like Buzzsaw? Because it makes them change their playing style. It forces them out of their comfort zone. It challenges them to be successful. I love a good dogfight as much as the next guy, but I don't want to fight at 20K with possible puffy ack. Does that mean that Buzzsaw is a bad map, no. Does it mean I have to change my tactics, yes. Instead of whining about it, not you per say, I have to adapt to the map/terrain to become successful. I have almost no problems finding fights of all kinds when I'm on. I just had a fight on Buzzsaw with only 25 people in the arena with no problems. The problem isn't the map, it's the players not wanting to adapt and overcome.

Offline Dawger

• Silver Member
« Reply #98 on: March 01, 2017, 09:47:49 AM »
Plain and simple, why do most people not like Buzzsaw? Because it makes them change their playing style. It forces them out of their comfort zone. It challenges them to be successful. I love a good dogfight as much as the next guy, but I don't want to fight at 20K with possible puffy ack. Does that mean that Buzzsaw is a bad map, no. Does it mean I have to change my tactics, yes. Instead of whining about it, not you per say, I have to adapt to the map/terrain to become successful. I have almost no problems finding fights of all kinds when I'm on. I just had a fight on Buzzsaw with only 25 people in the arena with no problems. The problem isn't the map, it's the players not wanting to adapt and overcome.

All I can say is I am glad HTC made the Match Play Dueling arena so there is someplace to go for an aerial fight when buzzsaw is running. Otherwise I would have to crank up DCS.

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #99 on: March 01, 2017, 10:16:30 AM »
All I can say is I am glad HTC made the Match Play Dueling arena so there is someplace to go for an aerial fight when buzzsaw is running. Otherwise I would have to crank up DCS.

Yes.. but some are saying you should change your playing style to something that is stale and boring and enjoy the buzzsaw map.   :rolleyes: :D

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #100 on: March 01, 2017, 10:31:00 AM »
Yes.. but some are saying you should change your playing style to something that is stale and boring and enjoy the buzzsaw map.   :rolleyes: :D

It's only stale and boring if your stuck on your way of playing the game.  :rolleyes:  :D

Offline Owlblink

• Nickel Member
« Reply #101 on: March 01, 2017, 10:31:08 AM »

While you have a point and I myself have branched out for this map, there are good reasons for dislicking it beyond cumfort zone issues. Mainly, playstyle discrepancies and immersion.

While there are a few other options besides fighters in the game, many of us play predominantly for the air side of the game - it is called Aces High after all and not WWII simulator. Though I am not disregarding the fun of GVs or any future growth in naval play, one must assume the large part of the customer base is looking to do things from the air. Bizzaro land with a 10k mountain to climb over only to reach a poorly placed base in a 1k alt valley, and strats you simply spawn into rather than fight to get to, just to name a couple examples, does not lend to immersion or aerial combat for the majority of the map.

On the immersion note, yes other maps might be a string of weird islands or a volcano like area, one could see these things being a natural environment or forgive it of some of the strange geography. But this Bizzaro land is too man made and just too cartoonesque.

Hopefully this shows why it is not simply a matter of old dog new tricks.
Kommando Nowotny FSO
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #102 on: March 01, 2017, 10:46:59 AM »
wasn't a fan of flying to 22k last night to get a fight.
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #103 on: March 01, 2017, 10:48:19 AM »
While you have a point and I myself have branched out for this map, there are good reasons for dislicking it beyond cumfort zone issues. Mainly, playstyle discrepancies and immersion.

While there are a few other options besides fighters in the game, many of us play predominantly for the air side of the game - it is called Aces High after all and not WWII simulator. Though I am not disregarding the fun of GVs or any future growth in naval play, one must assume the large part of the customer base is looking to do things from the air. Bizzaro land with a 10k mountain to climb over only to reach a poorly placed base in a 1k alt valley, and strats you simply spawn into rather than fight to get to, just to name a couple examples, does not lend to immersion or aerial combat for the majority of the map.

On the immersion note, yes other maps might be a string of weird islands or a volcano like area, one could see these things being a natural environment or forgive it of some of the strange geography. But this Bizzaro land is too man made and just too cartoonesque.

Hopefully this shows why it is not simply a matter of old dog new tricks.

I agree with you. I enjoy mainly air combat, however buzzsaw forced me to take a step back and get into other forms of the game. All of which I enjoy now,  however, dogfights are still the most fun for me; aside from doing things with the squad. For some reason people tend to want to come to the forums to complain than to try changing things up a bit. People cant seem to enjoy the game for what it is.

wasn't a fan of flying to 22k last night to get a fight.

Only have to climb 10-12K to do that  :D

Offline Dawger

• Silver Member
« Reply #104 on: March 01, 2017, 10:49:04 AM »
It's only stale and boring if your stuck on your way of playing the game.  :rolleyes:  :D

That's like saying I should quit dating hot chicks and expand my horizons to dating water buffalo. GV's and bombers are for those who can't hack a fighter.

Stale and boring fighters for me please.