Author Topic: latest install for oculus  (Read 207 times)

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
latest install for oculus
« on: February 16, 2017, 07:20:29 PM »
kinda hosed up the directory structure like:

Normal install location C:\Program Files\Oculus\Software\Software\hitech-creations-aces-high\Hitech Creations\Aces High III\settings

Latest Patch install location C:\Program Files\Oculus\Software\Software\hitech-creations-aces-high\settings

which means all my ...settings/skins/views all that jazz looked like it was missing till I saw the install location had changed a bit.

I can just move everything over but thought you should know.

Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Re: latest install for oculus
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2017, 12:14:19 PM »
Are you doing all this through the Oculus application?  Or is this via our patch?  Or is this mixed (installed with Oculus, then ran our patch, or vice-verse)?
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2017, 01:29:39 PM »
So Initial install through Oculus Lobby.

Then to play, you go to Oculus lobby to get to the Aces High shortcut to kick off the app

Then app fires up and now it's just as if the Oculus wasn't a part...You login to Aces High, it detects you are needing the patch, etc.

Typically it just updates the files and everything is working but this last patch it completely changed the target destination on the user machine to a different folder that excluded "Hitech Creations\Aces High III" from the path.

I left install location to default in all instances.

I was wondering if oculus acceptance made some difference..That's the only new thing going on that I know of from my end.
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2017, 02:08:51 PM »
It did the same on my box, I had tested a different way to send the files to oculus, an apparently it changed it structure.

HiTech

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2017, 03:41:27 PM »
Ok thx