Author Topic: loading messages  (Read 306 times)

Offline outsider

• Zinc Member
loading messages
« on: February 19, 2017, 12:53:17 PM »
is there anywhere I can go to look at those tips  so I have time to read them and see the whole message  some of them are pretty interesting ?  I know its probably been asked before and I did a search but couldnt find  the information ,I also know that this may make me sound incredibly strange for even asking such a thing but so be it, Its like a race to read the ones that interest me.   Thanks for any help

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Re: loading messages
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2017, 01:13:53 PM »
To help us try and help answer your question....

Exactly what messages are you referring to?

The different threads on the forums where people have left replies?

Personal Messages ( pm's )?

The tips & did you know messages, while the game is loading?

Message of the day ( MOTD / Arena Message ) <----- in-game?

As for the tips/did you know messages, those were implemented some time ago when people were asked to think of some short one sentence tips/how to/did you know messages about Aces High....I don't recall there being a public posted list of them, like the list that the Trainers were creating back at the time Skuzzy and HTC asked us to come up with them. When HTC decided to add this feature

Hope this helps

TC
« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 01:25:21 PM by TequilaChaser »
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2017, 01:22:11 PM »
I suppose he means the short tips shown while the game loads. Some of them being up to the task like "There's a new mouse control" or "The default FOV has been changed to 80" which I saw while trying to figure out the exact instance. Some being more on the humorous side like "Did you know that carpaccio is raw beef. Don't let Sudz order it."

There was a thread about them not too long ago, but I can't remember what the answer was.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2017, 01:27:55 PM »
Yeah Bizman, I figured it out after seeing his reply to texasmom's thread in the support forum

I have edited my above post with what I can remember about them

Cheers

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline outsider

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2017, 09:32:24 AM »
yes sir   you guys   were right on track  I think theyre pretty interesting and some comical  just wondered if i couldnt read them  with it being like subtitles that take off too quick  sometimes  ?    but thank you for your replies.