Author Topic: Updated P51s, Bloody Rebel 385FS 364FG / VF-B 335FS 4FG / Sizzlin' Liz 334FS 4FG  (Read 2956 times)

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Ya know, I would be lying if I said I was not loving that look.  :aok

I will check the other stuff.

You have every right to be proud of it.  That is some damn fine looking aluminum.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Fencer51

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
Yeah the fences were real easy thanks to Greebo.

All I did was create a 2x2 brush and ever 2 pixels I went up from 128 to the middle at 200 then back down to 128 when it got to the end.

Fencer
The names of the irrelevant have been changed to protect their irrelevance.
The names of the innocent and the guilty have not been changed.
As for the innocent, everyone needs to know they are innocent –
As for the guilty… they can suck it.

Offline Fencer51

• Platinum Member
Nice to see you back and skinning again, Fencer!

Thanks Oboe,  its been a rough few years since my back surgery, then the terrible infection I got because they didn't quite sew the incision closed.  Two more surgeries later to "clean out" the infection and multiple drips of antibiotics each day for weeks it finally ceased but it drained me and hindered my recovery to the point that I was worse after the surgery when it came to walking.  But hey the pain was gone.  :old:

This is the most fun I have had in about 5 plus years since that all happened.  My wife is certainly happy that I am not just sitting and staring at the wall or a book.  Trouble is I can't sit at the desk for more than a couple hours at a time and even then I sometimes pay for it the rest of the day.
Fencer

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
I agree about Bloody Rebel's aluminum- that one is your best of the 3.    Also, I will echo Devil's comment about the bold and saturated scheme colors - the blue especially on Bloody Rebel seems almost violet/indigo to me, much more toward purplish than the blue of Cactus' '51D skin from the 364th.   

Best looking wingtip airflow fences I have seen - did you create those with the Normal map?  You nailed those.

Nice to see you back and skinning again, Fencer!

I want to duplicate that effect.  I bet what Greebo said to do is the key to that.
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
325th VFG - "The Checkertails"
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
Thanks Oboe,  its been a rough few years since my back surgery, then the terrible infection I got because they didn't quite sew the incision closed.  Two more surgeries later to "clean out" the infection and multiple drips of antibiotics each day for weeks it finally ceased but it drained me and hindered my recovery to the point that I was worse after the surgery when it came to walking.  But hey the pain was gone.  :old:

This is the most fun I have had in about 5 plus years since that all happened.  My wife is certainly happy that I am not just sitting and staring at the wall or a book.  Trouble is I can't sit at the desk for more than a couple hours at a time and even then I sometimes pay for it the rest of the day.

Boy that's rough Ken.  Yours is now the second back surgery I've heard of that resulted in complications from infection.  Think the other was my brother's FIL.

Pace yourself, find what works, break up your routine.  Could be time for a new expensive leather office chair!   :cool:

We're just glad to have you back. (no pun intended)   

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
We're just glad to have you back. (no pun intended)

I see what you did there.    :old: :banana:
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
325th VFG - "The Checkertails"
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Fencer51

• Platinum Member
Redone aluminum and fixed blue?

GAHHHH the INVASION STRIPES DO NOT LINE UP!!!  :bhead  How did that happen!  :bolt:

« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 11:04:36 AM by Fencer51 »
Fencer

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Between yourself and Greebo AH3 is solidly in the 21st Century.

Excellent aluminum under blue sky and partial clouds.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
The aluminium looks great but I still think the blues are far too bold.

I put together a image with some blues as a guide for you.

The left most stripe is a representation of the color currently used - I used the eyedropper tool to grab the nose stripe color from your screenshots. RGB is 29/33/107. Hue/Saturation/Value is 237/73/42

The left center stripe takes the above color and desaturates it by a large measure. I also reduced the value by 2 to darken the color and keep it from looking too purple.  RBB= 57/59/102. HSV= 237/44/40

The next 2 stripes are blues taken from other skins that I'm working on that I are a more true blue and not so purple looking.

Center Right: RGB= 58/75/102. HSV= 217/43/40 (This is my personal favorite of the bunch when viewed next to white)

Far Right: RGB= 48/70/112. HSV= 219/57/44

Finally, I included a US insignia to show the shade of Insignia Blue I used on my P-40's. RGB= 49/57/67. HSV= 213/27/26

You may also want to experiment with a similar treatment with your red colors.

:cheers:

Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com