Author Topic: FEB17 USKOTH Results  (Read 980 times)

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
FEB17 USKOTH Results
« on: February 24, 2017, 11:43:27 PM »
 :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock 26 Pilots in total participated in US KOTH this month :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock

We held about 21-22 pilots per a round for the entire 2 hours of the event with a lot of regulars and a lot of first timers. I hope you all had a good time, I enjoyed watching and it's amazing how good a lot of sticks are getting every month. You can really see a lot of progression every month with different pilots, it's awesome.

Congrats to Rud3boi who won in Round 6, He has selected the I16 for the first ride of March KOTH. We also had Sawzaw Wabbit. Invitations for Tournament of Champions have been earned by Sawzaw and Rud3boi.

Round 1 FM2 Rud3boi
Round 2 F6F Sawzaw
Round 3 190A5 Rud3boi (Wabbit)
Round 4 C202 TC
Round 5 P51B Sawzaw (Wabbit)
Round 6 Rud3boi Winner

Top Killers Sawzaw 18, Rud3boi 13, TC 11, HOtard 6, Horble 6, Dobs 6, PullerII 5

In depth logs can be found here.
http://ahevents.net/index.php/event-logs
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline hgtonyvi

• Silver Member
Re: FEB17 USKOTH Results
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2017, 03:46:28 AM »
 :rock
CO of the Hell Hounds. In Game: Rud3boi
*Ain't no grave can hold my body down.*

Top German Ace of Pantelleria 1943
            6./JG 27- 109G-2

Offline horble

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2017, 08:18:56 AM »
Was a lot of fun!  I even made it past the first fight this time :)
Kommando Nowotny

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2017, 04:34:30 PM »
Rude you are on a roll!!  :aok   :cheers:
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2017, 04:39:23 PM »
Locked in he is! WTG!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2017, 05:36:06 PM »
We had some good fights aye rude? Congrats on winning!
« Last Edit: February 25, 2017, 05:55:44 PM by ACE »
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline hgtonyvi

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2017, 01:21:51 AM »
We had some good fights aye rude? Congrats on winning!
Yea bro...always fun..

6./JG 27- 109G-2

Offline Molsman

• Aces High CM Retired
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2017, 06:49:52 PM »
I actually had a blast this Koth I forgot how much fun they can be even if ya have to Trust a New Yorker, I tried my best but as usual I was always first man dead but least I made the work for it.

Hopefully I will be there next month

<S>
Molsman, Crazy8s , Crazyman
JG11, DerWanderZirkus, -The Flying Clowns-

Offline hgtonyvi

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2017, 08:24:33 PM »
I actually had a blast this Koth I forgot how much fun they can be even if ya have to Trust a New Yorker, I tried my best but as usual I was always first man dead but least I made the work for it.

Hopefully I will be there next month

<S>
:devil

6./JG 27- 109G-2

Offline DubiousKB

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2017, 08:54:02 AM »
Wow, new respect for those who regularly rock this event... Try KOTH they said!, it'll be fun they said....  :salute

After getting slaughtered once by fuzeman, then having the trees reach out and grab me, I said no thanks to being cannon fodder for the big dogs.  :bolt:

Maybe someday...
56th Fighter Group -  Jug Life

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2017, 10:41:20 AM »
Wow, new respect for those who regularly rock this event... Try KOTH they said!, it'll be fun they said....  :salute

After getting slaughtered once by fuzeman, then having the trees reach out and grab me, I said no thanks to being cannon fodder for the big dogs.  :bolt:

Maybe someday...

Some say it's the best way to get better.  IMO that's if you put in the time and analyze how they got you and can understand it.

Win or lose it can be a lot of fun though.  One of my favorite events for sure.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2017, 11:59:03 AM »

Maybe someday...
There's so much that goes into being competitive in a dog fight. 90% of the community has very little idea of what to do in the merge which set you up for success or failure right off the bat. The reason people don't progress is because of 1. False information about tactics(Example Take HO shots...when the fact is 99% if the person is trying to avoid it they will or should just rope you immediately afterwards) 2. Lack of dedicated practice, you can fly in the MA for 10-20 years and not get any better throughout that time....but you go to KOTH or The DA with someone you can see improvement within days. 3. People are content on where they are at...which is fine!

The top killer in this KOTH was Sawzaw....if you watched his rounds you would see a lot of his initial fights barely went through the merge....it's so hard to teach merging to someone because a lot of it is based off what the other pilot is doing, you can teach a double Immelman to anyone but are they going to be able to use it in order to create an advantage??? Application of ACM is one of the most difficult challenges in any game I've played.

I can understand that KOTH is not for everyone because it is hard getting shot down over and over but understand that everyone who is successful in KOTH went through the same thing.

It took me a year of Dueling, logging 80+ hours in fighters a month, and entering every KOTH event in order to get my first win in KOTH back when we would have 25-30 every event....Those were the days of TonyJoey, Kazaa, Bruv, Grizz ect ect ect being in there....you couldnt win it without having to fight one of the people that people considered the "best in the game" but drive to win pushed me through as it has with many other KOTHers...some have that competitive edge some are in Aces High for the enjoyment of flight with people....to each their own but that's part of the beauty of the game.

We welcome all to KOTH who want to get in some dog fights, we just ask you follow the rules and keep voice communication off channel 101 during the round  :aok

:salute
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2017, 12:12:25 PM »
If you want to get good at KOTH, you must fly Koth.

I'm flying this next time myself.  It's time to tuck my EGO away and get repeatedly thrashed until after many deaths I rise to my mediocrity.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2017, 09:01:52 AM »
KOTH, Match Play, and 1v1s is what has kept most of the people I know around. The level of competition in KOTH can't be surpassed. So many good fights! Adrenaline pumping and all. I appreciate you CMs for hosting my favorite event. Y'all do a damn good job.

:salute Junky and Bruv
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2017, 10:39:37 AM »
Congratulations once again, Rud3boi !

Hate I missed out on getting a chance to go at it against you and Sawzaw, last weekend. That was the first time I can remember flying KOTH without fighting you... I threw that first round away trying to type out and tell HoYa that he was above the cloud layer, which I ended up going over myself, trying to get the message out and had to exit to the tower with in 30 seconds of "Fights On" being called, lol

As Junky posted, it's great seeing other players improvement over the last few months....

Thanks as always to Bruv and Junky for hosting the KOTH events for the AH community, it is greatly appreciated

~§~

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC