Author Topic: Game crash.  (Read 233 times)

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
Game crash.
« on: February 19, 2017, 04:30:23 PM »
Game is getting very trippy with the image you get when you log back on.

Offline turt21

• Nickel Member
Re: Game crash.
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2017, 07:18:44 PM »
Same here. Game freezez. HAve todo the "cont alt del" thing and kill game. Says not responding. Log back in and thats good for 2 min.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 07:22:10 PM by turt21 »

Offline Blooz

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2017, 05:29:15 PM »
Don't forget to send in the .dmp file when these crashes occur.
White 9
JG11 Sonderstaffel

"You can't vote your way out of communism."

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2017, 05:56:15 PM »
The crash file named with the version of DX and the time stamp of the crash with a dmp extension is located in your game's temp folder.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline turt21

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2017, 06:13:33 PM »
temp folder is empty

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2017, 11:43:13 PM »
I sent the videos in on this as well as the screen shot I posted.

Fairly certain that this was the crash in the attachment.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 11:45:50 PM by lyric1 »

Offline turt21

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2017, 05:16:25 PM »
temp folder is empty

Besides I dont think I got dumped, The game froze. And I think its been freezing when I open up the Comm's screen showing channels

Offline turt21

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2017, 02:40:40 PM »
This is really starting to suk. Had game freeze twice in todays scenario just at take off before I gave up. Doesnt seem to be caused by anything spec. Just a freeze then "Game not responding" I need some help here. Game not much good this way. Win7 8G ram, good vid, no hope

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2017, 03:27:13 PM »
Turt21, I noticed that both your audio and video drivers are from 2011. They are quite old. Try updating them from their websites, don't use any third party driver sites or driver updating programs.

Another potential issue is that many of the older AMD processors only can use one single core for AH. It's a flaw in the AMD architecture, not something HiTech could fix.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline turt21

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2017, 03:48:01 PM »
On the AMD site the 2011-12-26 driver is the latest.

Offline turt21

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2017, 07:22:28 PM »
I might have it. I reduced a couple video settings, shadows and such that I dndnt know was there anyway and its been working last couple hours.

Offline Pudgie

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2017, 08:59:32 PM »
I might have it. I reduced a couple video settings, shadows and such that I dndnt know was there anyway and its been working last couple hours.

Hi Turt21,

Glad you got it going...........but just to note I looked at your dxdiag and saw that you have 8Gb of system mem installed but since you're using a 32-bit version of Win 7 Pro your box can only address a maximum of 4Gb of mem (why the available amount of system mem after the total amount of 8192 MB is showing to be 3068 MB).......this also will include the vid card's onboard amount of mem as well so it would appear that your box could be somewhat mem limited\constrained when running AHIII helping to cause the issues that you've been seeing as the OS won't use the other 4Gb of available system mem and also may not be using the full amount of the vid card's onboard mem (which will cause the vid card to page out graphics frames to the swap file created on your HDD due to a full onboard vid card frame buffer) even though it is installed and read.......depending on the OS allocation of the 4Gb of total mem it has addressed.

Reducing the in-game graphics settings will reduce the size of these graphics frames which will reduce the amount of mem needed for the game to run.....which is what you have done.

You might consider to look into getting a 64-bit version of Windows OS installed in place of the existing 32-bit version that you have currently as this will allow the use of all the available mem that you currently have installed.

Just putting this out there for consideration..........

:salute

Win 10 Home 64, AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus, GSkill FlareX 32Gb DDR4 3200 4x8Gb, XFX Radeon RX 6900X 16Gb, Samsung 950 Pro 512Gb NVMe PCI-E SSD (boot), Samsung 850 Pro 128Gb SATA SSD (pagefile), Creative SoundBlaster X7 DAC-AMP, Intel LAN, SeaSonic PRIME Gold 850W, all CLWC'd

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2017, 02:43:31 AM »
Good catch, Pudgie! The OS being 32 bit totally slipped my eye, I was just looking at the amount and speed digits!

@Turt21, if you don't already know, you can install the 64 bit version using the same license code as for the 32 bit. You can fully legally download the 64 bit install media from Microsoft, using your valid key: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows7.

As for the video drivers, the latest ones AMD gives for your card are from 2016: http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop/legacy?product=legacy3&os=Windows%207%20-%2032.

As for the sound drivers, the latest are from 2013: http://www.realtek.cz/realtek-download.php?realtek=ALC892&system=5
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Pudgie

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2017, 07:59:33 PM »
Good catch, Pudgie! The OS being 32 bit totally slipped my eye, I was just looking at the amount and speed digits!

@Turt21, if you don't already know, you can install the 64 bit version using the same license code as for the 32 bit. You can fully legally download the 64 bit install media from Microsoft, using your valid key: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows7.

As for the video drivers, the latest ones AMD gives for your card are from 2016: http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop/legacy?product=legacy3&os=Windows%207%20-%2032.

As for the sound drivers, the latest are from 2013: http://www.realtek.cz/realtek-download.php?realtek=ALC892&system=5

In addition to what Bizman has posted, after you have got the in-game graphics settings set where you want them to work w\ your AMD vid card, you can then go into the AMD driver control (either CCC if you're still using the old Catalyst drivers or Radeon Settings if you're using the latest drivers as Bizman has pointed to and set the Texture Filtering Quality setting to Performance (assuming that all other settings are set to default.....setting this setting to it's lowest TF setting will squeeze a little more performance out of your vid card w\o affecting the visuals much) and if it is available set Shader Cache to Off (AHIII caches it's own shaders....don't need the vid card driver duplicating this slowing all down) and if available also set Tesselation Mode to "Override Application Setting" then set the Maximum Tesselation Level setting to "Off" (this will stop the vid card driver from trying to apply tesselation in AHIII on the trees, ground clutter and snow caps). The tesselation settings will apply especially if you run the Dx11 version of AHIII................

Caveat: What I mean by available is the AMD Crimson drivers will ID your vid card's GPU to determine which hardware capabilities it has been built to perform then it will make available the associated driver settings in Radeon Settings to allow user access to make changes (this is what is supposed to happen anyway as not all Radeon GPU's have the same capabilities designed into them).

Hope this helps you out...........

:salute
Win 10 Home 64, AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus, GSkill FlareX 32Gb DDR4 3200 4x8Gb, XFX Radeon RX 6900X 16Gb, Samsung 950 Pro 512Gb NVMe PCI-E SSD (boot), Samsung 850 Pro 128Gb SATA SSD (pagefile), Creative SoundBlaster X7 DAC-AMP, Intel LAN, SeaSonic PRIME Gold 850W, all CLWC'd