Author Topic: Mission Editor Crashes on startup since new patch  (Read 400 times)

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Mission Editor Crashes on startup since new patch
« on: February 19, 2017, 10:42:24 AM »
I recently had to redownload and complete reinstall, tried to open Mission Editor and it crashes every time.
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline iaqmya

• Copper Member
Re: Mission Editor Crashes on startup since new patch
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2017, 07:31:26 PM »
I have edited  four missions today, and no crash in editor, only my aircraft when I got shot down or hit the ground :)

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2017, 07:33:42 PM »
I have no mission files in my folders, Like I mentioned complete redownload and reinstall a few weeks ago.

I haven't touched it at all.
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline iaqmya

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2017, 09:03:02 AM »
If I recall correctly, I had the same problem some time ago.  I had to erase the AHEDMISS.CFS and the ahedmssw.cfg files.  I was then able to get it to work, loaded a terrain and then saved it to create new AHEDMISS and ahedmssw cfg files.

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2017, 08:51:55 PM »
If I recall correctly, I had the same problem some time ago.  I had to erase the AHEDMISS.CFS and the ahedmssw.cfg files.  I was then able to get it to work, loaded a terrain and then saved it to create new AHEDMISS and ahedmssw cfg files.

This did the trick, thank you.