Author Topic: changing cv waypoints  (Read 552 times)

Offline dewliner

• Zinc Member
changing cv waypoints
« on: February 21, 2017, 02:56:56 PM »
Is there a tutorial on how to change a cv waypoints, or would someone let me know how?
Thanks,  DW

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
Re: changing cv waypoints
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2017, 03:39:57 PM »
Just click on "task groups" on the clip board map and then take command of the cv you want to move. You then set new waypoint by right clicking on the map and then click "submit".
''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2017, 03:54:17 PM »
You don't have to take command to set waypoints. You can set multiple waypoints by continuing to right click the map where you want the waypoint. Keep in mind if you do take command that others that are lower ranked than you may take command of it from you.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 03:56:33 PM by BowHTR »
AH Supporter Since Tour 35

Offline pembquist

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2017, 04:08:03 PM »
Also for some reason you will get the message "segment touches land" sometimes when it looks like it shouldn't, you have to try a different segment. Something to note is that the cruisers 8" guns have a range of 34000 yards so the fleet does not have to. In sight of the target for bombardment. Infect it is sometimes better to be longer range as the shells trajectory can clear terrain mor easily(for example the hills around town.) LVT spawn is another matter.
Pies not kicks.

Offline dewliner

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2017, 12:26:50 PM »
Thanks guys for the info, I'll give this a try. Appreciate your help.
DW

Offline 1ijac

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2017, 12:50:06 PM »
Also, I usually check the box for patrol.  That means each time you right click to set a way point, the cv path will not create a circled path.  Once set on patrol setting, the cv will simply travel back and forth from end to end of the path.
"One-Eye"

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2017, 10:21:30 AM »
Also, I usually check the box for patrol.  That means each time you right click to set a way point, the cv path will not create a circled path.  Once set on patrol setting, the cv will simply travel back and forth from end to end of the path.
slight correction, should be " travel back and forth from end to end of the last check point entered"
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline VILKAS

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2017, 01:17:07 PM »

Getting on in years, I spend my time mostly on CV's gunning, if no CV's are present, I go on field gun or do supply !
Being on CV in a 5" gun, spending some time waiting for little action !....Wow here it comes....!!!! and all of a sudden
CV changes course. ... What the hell is going on?.. oh yea some guy, lower in rank, but 3 or maybe 5 sectors away
changes the way points !......Damn !........Most of the time, if not always, he puts the CV way points in more dangerous
position.......and there goes my time, little action, because lower rank guy is saving the CV.     :mad:

I would suggest, to get rid of lower rank, for changing CV's way points, and only the pilot or the gunner, being on the CV
be allowed to change the way points !......  :cool::t

:old:...but still want some FUN !....  :salute

Just a thought !!
Live each day like it's you last, One day you'll get it right"

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2017, 01:27:57 PM »
+1
Wag more, bark less.