Author Topic: Life as a Canadian!  (Read 1022 times)

Offline pipz

• Platinum Member
Life as a Canadian!
« on: March 25, 2017, 03:19:29 PM »
Silence tells me secretly everything.

Montreal! Free the Pitt Bulls!!!!!

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
Re: Life as a Canadian!
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2017, 08:11:39 PM »
Blasphemy! There is no hockey, beer, or mooses  :old:
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2017, 10:13:36 PM »

Offline Rash

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2017, 08:27:00 PM »
I seen a monkey.  busted
The UNFORGIVEN

Offline EagleDNY

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2017, 07:06:25 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgaRd4d8hOY

With apologies to my Brothers and/or Sisters in the Great White North...
« Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 07:09:10 PM by EagleDNY »

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2017, 11:10:20 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=up0i0G_y05A - this is how most Canadian's feel about being 'harassed' as Canucks.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 11:12:41 AM by Mister Fork »
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2017, 12:12:32 PM »

Offline pipz

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2017, 12:22:02 PM »
 :aok :aok  :cheers:

Offline EagleDNY

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2017, 08:48:54 PM »
I have to say that I have a special place in my heart for Canada.  Back in the day (1984) we made the trek up to Montreal for the Canada Cup and watched a thrilling 4-4 tie between Canada and the USA team.  Some highlights of our trip:

At the border: Entry into Canada was a breeze.  The border agent asked us our nationality and birthplace and our purpose for coming into Canada.  When told we had journeyed up from Maryland to watch the Canada Cup he waved us right through. 

At the game: It was somewhat eerie at first since our primary experience with out of town hockey was in Philadelphia, where the fans of the visiting team normally had to carry weapons to make it back to their cars alive.  Being there from the USA, we were horribly outnumbered by Canadians (at least 10-1) however when the USA scored on Canada there was a cheer from the entire crowd.  The maple-leaf adorned fans next to us turned to me and said "that was a great shot!" -- about the last thing I expected from a fan that saw his goalie get pwned.  As the game went on the Labatts flowed mightily between us and our Canadian brethren -- they bought a round when Canada scored, so we of course bought a round when the USA scored (game was a 4-4 tie so we all had a good time).  By the end I was singing O Canada with the rest of them (which really is a much better National Anthem than ours, especially when you consider that ours reuses the tune from an ENGLISH drinking song).   

After the game wandering the streets of Montreal: There is quite a lot to be said about the charms of french Canadian girls.  My high school french got a workout, as did I.  We had such a good time that we journeyed back to Montreal for my bachelor party many years later... but that is another story. 

Quebec City and a bit of History: the next day we drove on up to old Quebec City and visited the fort (we are a bunch of history geeks after all).  Nice town, nice people, good food.  The history lesson I learned there was that the guys that had the idea during the American Revolution of marching up there in the dead of winter to assault that fort that sits high up on a steep hill across the river - were IDIOTS. 

So <Salute> Canada - those of us down here in the States that have actually gone there and know how nice it is will keep putting out propaganda telling our fellow countrymen of the many moose attacks and other dangers of Canada.  After all, we wouldn't want you to be inundated with obnoxious New Yorkers. 

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2017, 11:47:59 PM »
Time for the "Sticky Flapjack" or the "Five-Legged Caribou!"

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2017, 11:54:41 PM »
I have to say that I have a special place in my heart for Canada. 

I agree with all those things eagledny related.  Three cheers for Canada, and especially Montreal.  :aok

Offline pipz

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2017, 04:43:05 PM »
I agree with all those things eagledny related.  Three cheers for Canada, and especially Montreal.  :aok

NO! No cheerz for Montreal! Montreal Free the Pitt Bullz!!!!! Its a outrage!!!!!

Offline DubiousKB

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2017, 04:46:24 PM »
NO! No cheerz for Montreal! Montreal Free the Pitt Bullz!!!!! Its a outrage!!!!!

Almost blasphemy!  Come out to the prairies, where we're just like the mid-west, without tornadoes. And more cold.  :cheers:
56th Fighter Group -  Jug Life

Offline pipz

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2017, 05:40:22 PM »
Almost blasphemy!  Come out to the prairies, where we're just like the mid-west, without tornadoes. And more cold.  :cheers:

Free the Pitt Bullz and I will!