Author Topic: Tank Weaknesses  (Read 1254 times)

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
Re: Tank Weaknesses
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2017, 01:48:33 PM »
I would like to know which tanks shoot through trees. I get hit through trees but can never fire through them.

Your round is going through the branches, even when you see the explosion effect on the tree.
AH Supporter Since Tour 35

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2017, 04:55:26 PM »
All tanks shoot through trees. 

Mine don't...... GVs don't like me  :joystick:
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline 1ijac

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2017, 06:12:30 PM »
I find that even though I shoot through trees and see an explosion on the trees, the round still finds it's target most of the time.

Also, If you were that close to the other t-34 in a t-34 make sure you are using the HVAP rounds (High Velocity Armor Piercing).
"One-Eye"

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2017, 12:19:17 AM »
How do I protect my tank from a 500lbs bomb that's what I want to know.. Everytime I get the perfect tank in the perfect spot ... Kills adding up.. Great GV action I hear whistling... Then boom in tower

I cannot help you with the bombtoads but I would recommend you
Keep one ear open at all times. You just might hear a M-8 coming.  Those M-8 guys are getting sneakier all the time. Some of them are not very nice. Just the other day I found Wee Dawgies Virgle hiding in a bush.   :D

:salute
Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2017, 12:45:00 AM »
I cannot help you with the bombtoads but I would recommend you
Keep one ear open at all times. You just might hear a M-8 coming.  Those M-8 guys are getting sneakier all the time. Some of them are not very nice. Just the other day I found Wee Dawgies Virgle hiding in a bush.   :D

m8s are ruining this game!!!!!  :rofl
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2017, 09:31:38 PM »
I think the weakness of any tank is if I am in it. So simply ask, "can Shuffler ride with you"?

:D
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2017, 12:37:06 AM »
That maybe true but that old butt nugget shuffler sure can make that p38 dance... :cheers:
"scott66"        

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2017, 09:54:09 AM »
If you manage to shoot through the turret, the over-pressure will kill or disable the crew in the turret, and full of metal fragments flying though the penetrated part of the vehicle, at high speed.

I remember one guy hitting the turret of the tank I sat in (Centurion) with a sledgehammer, an experience  :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 09:56:04 AM by save »
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2017, 05:55:35 PM »
m8s are ruining this game!!!!!  :rofl

Scotty, you are trying to give the M-8 a bad rep. Every one that has jumped into a M-8 knows they cannot kill another tank head on. If you drove a M-8, you would have to learn all the vulnerable spots for every tank in the game. Who has time for that?

Just admit it Scotty, M-8's are harmless.

Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2017, 01:30:49 AM »
Scotty, you are trying to give the M-8 a bad rep. Every one that has jumped into a M-8 knows they cannot kill another tank head on. If you drove a M-8, you would have to learn all the vulnerable spots for every tank in the game. Who has time for that?

Just admit it Scotty, M-8's are harmless.

harmless you say? Poppycock I've wittiness the devastation of the fast moving 37mm deacker, tank killer two shots... And main Gunning aircraft at remarkable distances.. When this vehicle is driven by some of the best I fear it more than a t2 ... But seriously mano you know I'm joking about the m8 running the game I was merely pointing out that it appears when a tool has been provided by HTC and someone gets real good at it.. Sooner or later said tool will be accused for ruining the game... Tools whether it's m3s, manned guns, bombers that pound the strats, people in tanks instead of flying etc ... For every problem there is a solution that already exists in the game.. For me fighting m8s.. The mighty and much feared Jeep!! Or 500lber will do in a pinch.. but yes mano if you know where to hit a tank in a m8 it only takes two rounds depending on distance I just haven't taken the time to learn where to hit... Yet :salute
« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 01:40:56 AM by scott66 »
"scott66"        

Offline WEZEL

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2017, 07:40:47 AM »
Keep the M-8 as is and just nerf Mano  :bolt:

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2017, 09:20:01 AM »
I think the weakness of any tank is if I am in it. So simply ask, "can Shuffler ride with you"?

:D

that's nothing. Puma44 gets smoking, and he parks next to my tank. then all of a sudden, "boom" I'm dead!!!

Offline toddbobe

• Nickel Member
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2017, 02:46:10 PM »
I love driving my M8.. can deack a field and can given time kill a tank... I have a tiger 2 kill to my credit... I tracked him and kept plunking away at him till he died...or maybe towered.. either way kill for me.
Todd