Author Topic: Vehicle Hangar Spawn?  (Read 675 times)

Offline cav58d

• Gold Member
Vehicle Hangar Spawn?
« on: March 16, 2017, 05:22:14 PM »
Why is the vehicle hangar spawn not random?  In other words, there are four hangars at a V base.  Why do vehicles only spawn from the same hangar?  Seems to really encourage vulching.

I also don't understand the point of ammo bunkers at a v base?  Total number of rounds a vehicle can spawn with should be based on how many ammo bunkers are up.

Thoughts?
<S> Lyme

Sick Puppies II

412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline redcatcherb412

• Nickel Member
Re: Vehicle Hangar Spawn?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2017, 05:57:47 PM »
Random hangars to spawn from and discourage hangar campers would be a plus.

As far as I know, the ammo bunkers only exist to feed the
m4 caliope and other gv's that can carry ord loadouts.

Wait till you spawn a PT boat from a base with no PT spawns, it spawns inside the hangar  :rofl
at least it did for me yesterday at A37 on the Mindanao map.
Ground Pounders ...

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2017, 05:59:29 PM »
you only need 1 VH to spawn from..thats what wirbles and ostwinds are for. to discourage fighters. but would be a good idea to have mradom hangers to spawn from like fighters do  when a vehicle spawns out into a field spawn area each type of tanks spawns into a different area like a panzer won't spawn into the exact spot a T-34 will-etc

M4A3(75) SDKFZ 251 and PT boats use rockets and torpedoes without ammo bunkers these vehicles would not be able to use them.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 06:02:04 PM by lunatic1 »
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2017, 06:06:47 PM »
If we had the choice of which spawn hangar to launch from then we could kill the camper.......provided all four hangars were not camped.  :)

When I played WB years ago, we had the option to wait in the tower, then spawn behind the enemy. You cold see the entire field from the tower. Each base had several spawn points. If you spawned behind the enemy you were immediately called a Tower Sniper.   :D :D :D   :neener: :neener:

:salute
Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Offline EagleDNY

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2017, 07:15:40 PM »
+1 on this - and when a hanger gets destroyed that is the one people DON'T spawn from. 

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2017, 08:59:38 PM »
I wish the base spawns were treated like the spawn points. Draw a half mile circle, check for collision, and spawn randomly in that circle.

Offline pembquist

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2017, 09:05:16 PM »
I wish you could pick any non burning vh to up from. However this would make base capture even more difficult without air support and if defended at all a vh can be very hard to capture so maybe Hitech knows best and hanger camping is a feature not a bug.
Pies not kicks.

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2017, 11:58:33 PM »
If we had the choice of which spawn hangar to launch from then we could kill the camper.......provided all four hangars were not camped.  :)

When I played WB years ago, we had the option to wait in the tower, then spawn behind the enemy. You cold see the entire field from the tower. Each base had several spawn points. If you spawned behind the enemy you were immediately called a Tower Sniper.   :D :D :D   :neener: :neener:

:rofl Let me guess, was that your nick name? :devil
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2017, 02:20:47 PM »
:rofl Let me guess, was that your nick name? :devil

TS !  :D :D :D ...... :devil

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2017, 02:26:30 PM »
I agree, something to counter a hanger spawn camper is needed both in airplanes and GVs.

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2017, 02:29:54 PM »
Actually, they called me Exiter more than anything.

If you lost your turret in Armored Assault you could tower out with a ditch. There was another person
in that game that earned the moniker Tower Sniper.

:D :D :D

If v bases let you chose which hangar to spawn from it would be more difficult to camp the spawn hangar. No doubt about it.

The spawn hangar looks right at the map room at the larger v base so one of the hangars further away would require
the player to up a fast GV.