Author Topic: Strange new issue  (Read 476 times)

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
Strange new issue
« on: March 29, 2017, 12:01:05 PM »
I take this back. I think this is occuring on all new (generated) maps regardless of settings since the last patch.

Can anyone confirm?

I noticed, when I had selected verdun, 512 from srtm30 and it produced fine but in the editor it came up default as night time.

Even thought by default they come up as during the day. So then if I put an object down and moved the time slider in terrain editor, the object would be dark when the terrain was daytime and vice versa.

This only happened with those settings. I'd grabbed other areas with no issue, all were using srtm3 (which is what it came set to by default) tho..so..switching back to see if that's the deal.

www.baileyarabians.com/AH3/timeofday.mp4

Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline ghostdancer

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
Re: Strange new issue
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2017, 12:39:23 PM »
I haven't noticed this with the srtm3 files that I use to create maps.
X.O. 29th TFT, "We Move Mountains"
CM Terrain Team

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2017, 01:30:34 PM »
I think it just started.
Like yesterday evening...but not sure, because i'm SUPER new to this.

If you grab a fresh area with makeahmap into a brand spankin new terrain and add just one city to it.

Does it do that?

I just grabbed Gallipoli this morning and I can see the sun shining on the water and the land is dark so it's pretty much any new terrains started from scratch.

« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 01:32:47 PM by Kanth »
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline ghostdancer

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2017, 01:53:48 PM »
I will have to try that to see if I get the same issue. I need to rebuild a few of the SEA maps from scratch since I will try it out on one of those.
X.O. 29th TFT, "We Move Mountains"
CM Terrain Team

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2017, 02:04:52 PM »
cool thanks

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2017, 07:31:46 AM »
Okay it's not doing it anymore...everything is working fine..  :noid