Author Topic: PBY  (Read 1646 times)

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
Re: PBY
« Reply #45 on: March 27, 2017, 06:42:26 PM »
I would like to take off and land on water.    Please HTC make it happen!     :airplane:
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: March 27, 2017, 11:20:08 PM »
I would like to take off and land on water.    Please HTC make it happen!     :airplane:
I land in the water all the time. Often without wings and burning.
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #47 on: March 29, 2017, 09:37:33 AM »
I can imagine someone wanting to pick up downed players in a PBY I just can't imagine anyone waiting around in the water to be picked up and flown home.

+1
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #48 on: March 29, 2017, 09:44:35 AM »
now after saying no to the pby.
what would be useful would be a seafire to launch off the rails of the Battleship for ship defense. esp when the cv goes down.
because I found out yesterday that the 16" gun turrets are easily destroyed.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 12:04:19 PM by lunatic1 »
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: March 29, 2017, 01:46:14 PM »
There are toys that get added to this game we only know about when we read the release notes after the install is completed. A PBY or a catapult Hurri falls into that category. Who knows if it will ever happen....and no one knows it won't.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline tuba515

• Copper Member
« Reply #50 on: March 30, 2017, 05:12:37 PM »
I think with the addition of BB this would be perfect!

Offline ONTOS

• Silver Member
« Reply #51 on: April 01, 2017, 11:03:25 AM »
PBY +1, great bird

Offline Sabre

• Gold Member
      • Rich Owen
« Reply #52 on: April 06, 2017, 12:53:37 PM »
+1 for PBY, but then, I say +1 to just about anything new added to the game (Ewwww...shiny new thing!). As an add-on to ports, I believe it would see some regular use, even today. Having said this, I think it can wait until submarines are added to the game. I'd give it a special ability to spot submarines at a greater altitude/distance than other A/C (Doesn't the Storch "sees" GVs at a greater distance than other A/C?); and it would have depth-charges, which most other AH aircraft can't carry/deploy. Adding the ability to carry troops would further enhance it's appeal in the MA (and it was armed for self-defense, giving it an edge on the C-47), and of course, it would fit well in numerous scenarios. Many of our A/C are primarily there for scenarios (how often to do you see someone (other than me) in an I-16 in the MA?), but the features I mention above would give it practical utility in the MA, as well.
Sabre
"The urge to save humanity almost always masks a desire to rule it."

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: April 07, 2017, 02:56:26 PM »
I can imagine someone wanting to pick up downed players in a PBY I just can't imagine anyone waiting around in the water to be picked up and flown home.

Good point, but perhaps it could be coded so that all the PBY pilot needs to do is land near you, and accept your ".pickmeup" request.  Once the downed pilot is aboard, they could have the option of riding along, manning a gun, or ending their flight (the PBY continues on).

Offline JVboob

• Nickel Member
« Reply #54 on: May 07, 2017, 06:11:16 PM »
+1 for PBY, but then, I say +1 to just about anything new added to the game (Ewwww...shiny new thing!). As an add-on to ports, I believe it would see some regular use, even today. Having said this, I think it can wait until submarines are added to the game. I'd give it a special ability to spot submarines at a greater altitude/distance than other A/C (Doesn't the Storch "sees" GVs at a greater distance than other A/C?); and it would have depth-charges, which most other AH aircraft can't carry/deploy. Adding the ability to carry troops would further enhance it's appeal in the MA (and it was armed for self-defense, giving it an edge on the C-47), and of course, it would fit well in numerous scenarios. Many of our A/C are primarily there for scenarios (how often to do you see someone (other than me) in an I-16 in the MA?), but the features I mention above would give it practical utility in the MA, as well.

ive seen schwarms of I-16s its usually a really fun furball when it happens too
"Sighhhhhhhhhh, office closed do to ice for a day, And I miss a thread like this.."HiTech
Armed N Hammered 2002-2003
JG44 Night Hawks/JV44 Butcher Birds 2003-2009
49th Fighter Group fightn' 49ers Feb2012-present
138th FW Tulsa, OK 2009-2015