Author Topic: Any chance the Allies are going to get orders this week?  (Read 767 times)

Offline BFOOT1

• Silver Member
Re: Any chance the Allies are going to get orders this week?
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2017, 09:27:46 PM »
Orders are simple.

Step One: Take-off

Step Two: Follow wingman Navcad

Step Three: clear Navcads six whilst trying to shoot Navcad myself

Step Four: Manage to shoot down everything except Navcad

Step Five: rearm and repeat
Member of G3MF
III Gruppe, 8 Staffel, JG52, flying Black 12 (Kuban Scenario)

Offline zinhwk

• Zinc Member
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2017, 09:40:41 PM »
Why would planning be done in public? That would defeat the purpose of planning against the enemy.

He's talking about passworded forums where each side plans seperately, but accessible to all those on that side and get an idea of what's going on earlier than the day before the event.
<S>

Zinhwk
Hades 7
431st FS/475th FG (v)

Offline Dawger

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2017, 09:44:29 PM »
fo·rum
ˈfôrəm/Submit
noun
a place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.

e·mail
ˈēmāl/
noun
crappy method to communicate, providing little opportunity for discussion

Offline Snork

• Copper Member
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2017, 09:53:17 PM »
fo·rum
ˈfôrəm/Submit
noun
a place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.

e·mail
ˈēmāl/
noun

Actually, either one should work well unless the information isn't formulated and transmitted in a timely manner and read. On Friday nights I see folks asking for information that was given on this forum days before.
Flying as Noser

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2017, 10:33:56 PM »
Too bad we don't have a forum for orders planning and prelims to be done in public

fo·rum
ˈfôrəm/Submit
noun

e·mail
ˈēmāl/
noun

You can dress up the trough with all sorts of lights and flashy stuff, but you still cannot make the horses drink.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2017, 10:42:37 PM »
<edit>
« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 10:44:14 PM by captain1ma »

Offline 68Wooley

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2017, 02:37:17 PM »
Why do we need a forum to discuss orders? Do you think this is some kind of democracy soldier?

CiC'ing is hard enough to fit into people's schedules without trying to create plans by committee.

Offline RSLQK186

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2017, 07:16:23 PM »
Why do we need a forum to discuss orders? Do you think this is some kind of democracy soldier?

CiC'ing is hard enough to fit into people's schedules without trying to create plans by committee.
+1
You can pull a chain up hill. You cannot push it. If the first link does not do it's/his/her job, the chain fails. Seen it in life to often to not believe this.
If you get away from real life there is little to gain from a forum in terms of immersion. You get your assignment and use experience, instincts, training and operational envelope to get the job done. I would think many with military experience would say they had more rumor than fact about what was going on around them. A complete set of orders for the side is a luxury.
In the 17 years I have been watching this forum I have not seen a better way to manage a chain from either end. The links in the middle know how to tow the line.
If a CiC needs help, it is available. Just ask or PM the CM staff. If a CiC is unwilling, than hand off to a squad mate or pull out.
If squad personal want more info they need to push their CO/XO. If they want to be more involved, let them.
I was at my wits ends when others took over and my squad made our FSO commitment and tradition even larger. The system is not broken. If a squad cannot preform within the guidelines than perhaps it is broke. Hopefully not irreparably.
Hacksaw- THE UNFORGIVEN
Founder- Special events contingent
"I'm very very sneaky"