Author Topic: Skin Adoption Request/Notice P-51D 55FG/343FS  (Read 4084 times)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
Re: Skin Adoption Request/Notice P-51D 55FG/343FS
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2017, 09:38:50 PM »

I do not like the idea of removing skins.  If a skinner wants to adopt it and bring it up to spec, then that skinner is going to get credit for the work. they put into it. 

Is it at all possible to keep the original skin credit for updates that preserve the original artwork?   Or a double credit? 

Example: 55FG/343FS by Mus51/Vraciu

I wouldn't feel right taking the credit for work that's better than my own.  Either way, I'm still wanting to update this one. 
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Fencer51

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2017, 09:48:36 PM »
I would not assume that it was his own work.  I caught him using another guy's skin and painting over the top of it at one point.  I would even suspect that the possibility exists he used another game's skin and transfered it over using cut and paste.
Fencer
The names of the irrelevant have been changed to protect their irrelevance.
The names of the innocent and the guilty have not been changed.
As for the innocent, everyone needs to know they are innocent –
As for the guilty… they can suck it.

Online Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2017, 09:57:41 PM »
That's a hell of an accusation. Dutch was a squaddie of mine and gave me many pointers when I was first starting out in skinning. I very much doubt that he lifted other peoples work and somehow made the pieces fit the AH models so well.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2017, 09:57:52 PM »
I would not assume that it was his own work.  I caught him using another guy's skin and painting over the top of it at one point.  I would even suspect that the possibility exists he used another game's skin and transfered it over using cut and paste.

:O :O :O :noid :confused: :bolt:
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Fencer51

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2017, 10:11:17 PM »

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,281014.0.html

I stand by the proven and believe that the second statement has a good possibility of being true.
Fencer

Online Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2017, 11:45:32 PM »
Sorry to say, but there's no proof in that thread. Also, Rogerdee's D-pony's are not in the game either to directly compare to Durchguy's work.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline Fencer51

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2017, 12:10:35 AM »
Devil505,

The proof was there at that time 7 to 10 years ago.  People saw and agreed, trust me someone as sharp as you would notice it as well.  I am not saying that he is the source of all evil in the world, however he did use other's work and submit it as his own.  That he helped you and that you consider him your friend is your own business and has nothing to do with what did occur.
Fencer

Online Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2017, 12:34:11 AM »
What really bother's me about your accusation Fencer is that the parts of the skin that most players see and judge skins by is the main airframe - the aspect that set Dutchgy apart from the rest. Dutch had his own style which was very different from Rogerdee's and that style is consistent across all the different plane that Dutch skinned. That tells me that whatever material he took from Roger's posted work must have been the internal parts that most players never notice anyway. That does not make it right, but it's the leap in judgement you took in assuming that somehow Dutch stole all of his work that anger's me.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2017, 01:00:04 AM »
I wasn't there, but most of what I see on this stuff is unique.  If it were copied then it would have been a duplicate skin. 

I think drawing the OD/Yellow horse blanket and red horse symbol on the rudder isn't easy to do.   It sure isn't easy to copy without getting nailed.
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Fencer51

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2017, 01:09:06 AM »
First of all I am sorry you are angry.  I been back about 2 months and now someone is upset with me, it was a record but alas it is over.  But in my book once someone has stooped so low to cheat or plagiarize, they must always remain suspect when they are unrepentant.  At the time, 7 to 10 years now, I had a directory on my computer that contained all the "proof" you are not seeing now.  Unfortunately it went away along with the 2500 PMs I had on this account after I quit AH a few years ago.

The material he took was the entire skin 1024x1024 bitmap which he modified by painting over areas to make a different aircraft.  Large portions were untouched, which is what made it obvious.  We all reuse the interior bits, there is nothing wrong with that.  If a portion of those need modified, then people modify them but that is not the area affected here.
Fencer

Offline Fencer51

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2017, 01:13:13 AM »
I wasn't there, but most of what I see on this stuff is unique.  If it were copied then it would have been a duplicate skin. 

I think drawing the OD/Yellow horse blanket and red horse symbol on the rudder isn't easy to do.   It sure isn't easy to copy without getting nailed.

The fact he could use a graphics program is not at issue.  The base of what he used for his canvas was the issue.  Whether that particular skin was in anyway part of someone else's work, is unknown to me.  But in the past it did occur.  I just never spent the time after finding it once to police his work.  HTC knew his history and if they wanted his work in game, it was their business.
Fencer

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2017, 05:46:52 AM »
I really think it irrelevant as to how any of the current skins ended up in the game and has taken this thread way off the intended path.

Talking about people, who are no longer around, is not going to do anything for anyone.

Is it at all possible to keep the original skin credit for updates that preserve the original artwork?   Or a double credit? 

Example: 55FG/343FS by Mus51/Vraciu

I wouldn't feel right taking the credit for work that's better than my own.  Either way, I'm still wanting to update this one. 

If you think you are going to simply be able to add a couple of maps to an existing skin and be done with it, you are setting yourself up for some disappointment.

Many of these older skins have baked in effects which need to be removed.  In most cases, it is going to take a lot of work to clean them up and get them fit for AH3.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Fencer51

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2017, 07:52:13 AM »
My appologies Skuzzy.
Fencer

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2017, 08:12:49 AM »
Q: Do "baked in" effects really need to be removed?   Is that part of the new standard for AH3 skins?   

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2017, 12:12:34 PM »
Q: Do "baked in" effects really need to be removed?   Is that part of the new standard for AH3 skins?

Any effect done to simulate depth should be removed as the normal map is the proper way to get there.  Using color to add a bit more punch to the depth is fine.

Anything simulating specular, reflections, or shadows, save ambient occlusion as we do not model that yet, should be removed.

Basically, let the light engine do its job and use the maps to control the lighting of the object.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com