Author Topic: Mouse ball stays on all the time  (Read 836 times)

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
Mouse ball stays on all the time
« on: March 27, 2017, 07:59:31 AM »
Mouse ball stays on all the time with or without clipboard.  How do I fix that?

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
Re: Mouse ball stays on all the time
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2017, 02:14:40 AM »
Mouse ball stays on all the time with or without clipboard.  How do I fix that?
YES not sure I like that at all. Then again, may be able to get use to it?
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2017, 02:22:58 AM »
Mine goes away when I close the clipboard

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2017, 06:59:25 AM »
Mine goes away when I close the clipboard

The mouse thing seems to be a little bugy.  If you have a mouse button on your joystick and then use your mouse-mouse button the joystick button will stop working.

Offline terrydew

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2017, 08:04:13 AM »
The mouse thing seems to be a little bugy.  If you have a mouse button on your joystick and then use your mouse-mouse button the joystick button will stop working.

Check your assignments. It does not work that way for me. Try setting target to send left and right mouse buttons and remove key assignments in AH
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 08:08:43 AM by terrydew »

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2017, 02:53:07 PM »
Setting target? Send left and right mouse buttons? Sorry, but I have no idea what you mean. I have mouse controls disabled in preferences, would that be it? Im going to try it, but if that isnt what you mean...please translate! :uhoh I do appreciate the help, im just not a computer whiz :bolt:
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline terrydew

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2017, 03:27:59 PM »
Setting target? Send left and right mouse buttons? Sorry, but I have no idea what you mean. I have mouse controls disabled in preferences, would that be it? Im going to try it, but if that isnt what you mean...please translate! :uhoh I do appreciate the help, im just not a computer whiz :bolt:

Sorry. Target is the thrustmaster software for setting buttons. There are left and right mouse clicks that can be assigned to joystick buttons in the keystroke settings in RV mode.

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2017, 04:42:05 PM »
I have mapped a button on my stick for mouse clicks but I can also use the mouse buttons if I like without any issues

Offline sach

• Zinc Member
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2017, 05:06:59 PM »

This happens to me too, but it seems like it happens randomly, not after using my mouse. Really it only seems to happen to me when I'm trying to end a sortie. Sometimes the joystick button will function again after the sortie is ended, sometimes I have to move to another field to get it working again.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2017, 10:31:18 PM »
Thanks Terry! I still cant get rid of the mouse ball! :headscratch: Its not too big of a deal really. Biggest issue I have is that it radiates like lazers back at me, its really bright and fatigues my eyes something fierce :mad: Its probably just me? My eyes are a point of contention as the MS really affects my eyes the worst. I am having a brightness issue while using Vr and cant find anyway to dampen it. Seems like the gamma if turned up to 3.0 on monitor, I run 1.2 usually

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2017, 06:39:20 AM »
Thanks Terry! I still cant get rid of the mouse ball! :headscratch:

I finally figured this one out.  On the clipboard, go to "View" in the preferences-options then uncheck "disable the mouse" or something like that.