Author Topic: Range bounce dont know what to call it  (Read 260 times)

Offline lefty2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
Range bounce dont know what to call it
« on: March 29, 2017, 08:52:06 AM »
I've seen this before, many times the boat will be in a certain position and when the gun is in land mode it refuses to give you the elevation to hit the target. The range to the target constantly bounces up and down, making it impossible to hit the target. Although it is possible to hit the shore battery in manual mode it does make it more difficult. Why is this?

Offline lefty2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
Re: Range bounce dont know what to call it
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2017, 08:55:49 AM »
Totally stumped as to what happened to that video. I videotaped it and showed it clearly what happened. I have no idea.

Offline lefty2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2017, 08:59:36 AM »
Even the shore battery disappeared from my video. Where did that go?

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2017, 02:45:43 PM »
I get the range bounce in both modes when I try to exceed the maximum range for the gun. I get the range bounce when I try to hit a target from the water that is above about 1000ft inland.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2017, 03:06:52 PM »
I noticed this also the other day, and it shows up very badly with the on hill top shore batteries. Whats happening is that in land mode you are just moving the target point around. As that point goes up and down the hill, then gun is correcting it's elevation for it.

HiTech