Author Topic: Off line target  (Read 210 times)

Offline ONTOS

• Silver Member
Off line target
« on: April 02, 2017, 12:47:02 PM »
I wish the offline target was a light gray so you could see your gun sights against it. Or any subdued  color.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: Off line target
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2017, 01:17:12 PM »
did you adjust the brightness of your gunsite?

Offline ONTOS

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2017, 03:46:11 PM »
Yes.   Since AH III, a lot of things seem to be washed out, like the runway, and the ground. I have spent time adjusting different things, nothing helps.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2017, 04:18:10 PM »
Disable post lighting, or change the arena to night time while working with the offline target.

I've been building a terrain for offline use that when you click on a fighter spawn, your fighter is sitting on a hard stand leveled to test your convergence out to maximum range. Some fighters through the gunsight don't have shilo's problem while some do. So my solution was to turn of post lighting or even change the arena time to night time which is the best to see impacts on the target.

I've also set it up for the B25H and A20G. I still have a few fighters left to do, it is mind numbingly time consuming the steps to go through to tweak the ground under the fighter spawn to cause a fighter to sit with it's engine datum line leveled on it. I have 6 available spawn directions on a small airfield and am on my third airfield setting spawns because of the broad variations in length of landing gear. 
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.