Author Topic: Could this app work with AH's VR implementation?  (Read 876 times)

Offline Wraith_TMS

• Copper Member
      • My Web Depot
Could this app work with AH's VR implementation?
« on: May 02, 2017, 03:34:29 PM »
Not sure myself, but would this app have any utility/value within AH?  From the initial comments, it was developed for DCS but may work with other flight sims:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Vive/comments/68smtx/play_vr_flight_sims_control_of_cockpit/

Since HT has added flight control utility for Vive controllers, so that the wands can be used for flying, would this app add even greater interaction/immersion with the VR cockpit, even though capability that isn't native to AH at this time (sort of how SweetFX and Reshade, FTNOIR and other little apps manage to integrate well with AH)?   Would it be adaptable to use in AH with Touch controllers too?

FWIW,
o--[--Wraith----   
The Musketeers 
(In-game: Wraithe)
"Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig." -- R. A. Heinlein

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
Re: Could this app work with AH's VR implementation?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2017, 04:54:33 PM »
Link didn't work :uhoh
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Wraith_TMS

• Copper Member
      • My Web Depot
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2017, 05:36:41 PM »
Link didn't work :uhoh

Strange... works okay for me, 1stpar, tested it before posting and again just now.  Can't say what's wrong, but the link is a standard one to a forum thread on Reddit. 
o--[--Wraith----   
The Musketeers 
(In-game: Wraithe)
"Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig." -- R. A. Heinlein

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2017, 08:17:02 PM »
tbh would be nicer to see something like this:  https://flyinside-fsx.com/  (for both AH and DCS)

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2017, 06:54:14 AM »
tbh would be nicer to see something like this:  https://flyinside-fsx.com/  (for both AH and DCS)

Why?
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2017, 03:50:31 PM »
Strange... works okay for me, 1stpar, tested it before posting and again just now.  Can't say what's wrong, but the link is a standard one to a forum thread on Reddit.
Strange indeed, I tried again 5 min later and worked just fine :aok
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2017, 04:21:09 PM »
Why?

You can still use your normal stick and throttle etc, but it gives you the ability to use your hands to toggle things within the virtual cockpit.

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2017, 11:49:21 AM »
That would be pretty cool since we have movable parts in the cockpit already.  :x
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.