Author Topic: Why the switch up in KOTH dates-days-times scheduling?  (Read 587 times)

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Why the switch up in KOTH dates-days-times scheduling?
« on: April 03, 2017, 06:55:36 PM »
I was wondering why after 14+ years of having the Euro KOTH event being hosted on Fridays between different start times of 3, 4 or 5 pm EST(EDT)

and having the US KOTH event being hosted on Saturday evenings with a regular scheduled start time of 9:00pm EST(EDT)

That it has started being switched up to where the days are being swapped up and the times are changing....

And now it's been posted that the next US KOTH event is going to be held this coming Friday before the scheduled FSO frame.... what happens if the KOTH event happens to get strung out into one of those marathon 12 or 14 or 16+ rounds  7+ hours long event?

That might throw a monkey wrench into the FSO frame, for those of us who participate in both events

Just curious.....

Cheers

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Why the switch up in KOTH dates-days-times scheduling?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2017, 10:05:13 AM »
Testing the water to find where we get the most participation....KOTH hasn't lasted more the 2 hours in a long time so I'm pretty confident it will get done well before and I'm also hoping some of the KOTHers who dont do FSO can maybe get picked up by one of the FSO squads.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2017, 11:58:13 AM »
Testing the water to find where we get the most participation....KOTH hasn't lasted more the 2 hours in a long time so I'm pretty confident it will get done well before and I'm also hoping some of the KOTHers who dont do FSO can maybe get picked up by one of the FSO squads.

Great idea. It worked for me last time I flew FSO with the pigs :)
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2017, 06:49:18 AM »
we don't know TC we just work here. 

I try and keep things the same for old folk but if Fridays give better US numbers then JunkyII wants to pursue that for a bit to see how it pans out. 

I selected a saturday for my event this month because my Fridays were all taken up and also the fact that some US players would still be at work.

If it doesn't increase the numbers playing then we will try something else.  But they have been higher in recent months.    :aok
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Molsman

• Aces High CM Retired
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2017, 09:31:50 PM »

I agree with Tc on this . I think running KOTH Before FSO, now that KOTH is getting a gathering of some great fights and rounds, I have seen them run longer then 2 hrs and I hate to say it we are close to the old days where these rounds may run over 2 hours. I love what your trying to Test Junky and Bruv but I would hate to see half the KOTH Field Leave in the Middle of the Fights to make it to FSO by 22:30 hrs so they are briefed on their mission's and get people into Colors before take off time.

I like the Friday nights on the off weeks but the whole reason I been able to make these Koths for the First Looser out is I am on Cardiac Rehab after a 5 bybass open heart surgery so I may not be at many more KOTH unless the US Times go back to Saturday nights depending on my work schedule or if I even stay a paramedic after all this.

Just my 2 cents

Molsman
Molsman, Crazy8s , Crazyman
JG11, DerWanderZirkus, -The Flying Clowns-

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2017, 09:04:48 AM »
Your opinion is appreciated and we like having ya sir, hopefully we can keep getting you in there :salute
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2017, 02:44:18 PM »
I think the days of marathon KOTHs are long gone. Seems to me hosts step in now and end them whenever they get 'long,' for them.
Of course I don't attend them much for a few reasons. Still weird attending this event.
The pissing and moaning of some upper echelon players, which was always there really, gets to be too much.
And this is a personal one and I guess I'm in the minority here, I really do not like the casual use of F-bombs. People that can't control their mouth really make me scratch my head.
I never tolerated that when I was a CM and never get any flak about being that way. Maybe I got away with it as I had an afternoon event and there were young players in the mix. Nowadays it's as bad as FSO in that regard.
HTC probably gets sick of all the films I send in with them from Melee.

using KOTH to build up FSO   That just stinks!
« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 02:47:50 PM by fuzeman »
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54