Author Topic: gunsight white to black ?  (Read 632 times)

Offline 428CJ

• Copper Member
gunsight white to black ?
« on: April 28, 2017, 03:30:11 PM »
 Is there a way to change gun sight from white to black ?

Sometimes I cant see the white lines at all.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Re: gunsight white to black ?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2017, 03:57:16 PM »
I made the aircraft gunsights for the game. Which one do you need to be darker? Black shows as invisible in the glass plate. I would have to use a dark purple, and you would be stuck with it under all light conditions. The commander ring and tank sight in some tanks can be flipped between white and dark purple which looks like black if you don't try to inspect the element up close.

What exactly are you trying to do?
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline 428CJ

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2017, 04:08:05 PM »
Last night I could not see the white lines in tanks sights unless there were green trees behind the sight, the rest of the terrain was really light or bright.  so how do you get the purple color ? 

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2017, 04:53:11 PM »
There is a command for this, forgot what it is - but it only works in some of the GVs.  Worked in the Hetzer I know.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2017, 06:17:33 PM »
What you have to do is unmap F4 in the keymapper since it no longer does anything. Then remap F4 to Sight Mode Toggle. Then if you are in a tank that responds to it, you will get a dark purple sight and commander ring.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2017, 10:42:23 AM »
It also works on the Gun Sights for aircraft. I use it all the time, especially when the bright sky washes out the White one.
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline 428CJ

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2017, 12:57:55 PM »
 Thanks a lot,   it worked.