Author Topic: VR Problems  (Read 1597 times)

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: VR Problems
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2017, 10:01:05 AM »
The VR game sound volume resets to 100% after restarting the game. Is there supposed to be a VR_fmodsnd file? I don't see one.

Also FPS drops from the usual 90 FPS to 20-30, and occasionally single digits, after a few minutes flying around the TA at A1 since the last two patches, 29 and 30. With DX9 and no VR the same thing happens. Even when the frame rate is high I get pauses and stutters now.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2017, 10:17:45 AM »
There seems to be a bug related to the audio saving its settings and HiTech is looking into it.

Not sure about the rest.  You might want to post that in the Bug forums.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2017, 10:20:11 AM »
Thanks, there's also no vr_vca file.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2017, 10:20:46 AM »
I think HiTech already found it.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2017, 10:34:25 AM »
FINALLY! I am on the "Right side" of things :eek: I have noticed none of these issues, except for the sounds resetting  :uhoh Ok, maybe not exactly as I have just figured to roll with what I have. I haven't noticed any problems with the last patch, maybe I am doing wrong? The only issue I have at this moment :pray is a graphics type issue. I am getting used to the drop in resolution/ clarity but need to find a way to reduce the brightness of objects. In my headset, the gamma seems to be set at an AH3 monitor setting around 3.2. In non VR I run gamma at 1.2. The bright objects in VR, horizon, runways, ord bunkers ant the like are just bright white. Even the cockpit gauges and mouse ball seem radiate bright tracer like rays coming from them. I can turn my head while looking at mouse ball and see a "comet" trail coming from it :confused: It really fatigues my eyes. Oh and one thing I did notice since last patch,could have been like this before but just noticed, I only see hit sprites from Wirb guns in LEFT lens. I still cant see the sprites when in fighters, but don't have the chance to close right eye and check if it is the same way. Its not a dominate eye issue, I am right eye dominate and know all about that sort of situation. I tested it while shooting at a hanger off line also. Both eyes open on hanger and could see the sprites ok, but noticed the double vision sensation. Closed left eye and very minute hit sprites but saw impact and damage like things coming off. Closed right eye and very bright hit sprites with gun flare, was too bright to see the damage stuff I could see when left eye was closed? I can live with that though. Its just the brightness that keeps me from playing in full time VR. I can only go an hour at a time before I have to go back to monitor version.
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2017, 03:08:29 PM »
N95KF posted this in another thread.  They made quite an improvement.  Also when you try these,, go to the clipboard and try different setting in the graphics setting.

"If you have the horsepower, goto Nvidia Display Control Panel.  I have a GTX 1080 and am able to crank up the following settings and stikk keep 90FPS with Oculus:

AA: Override application - 8x
Anisotropic Filtering - Override App - 16x
FXAA - On
Power - Prefer High Performance

I think the anisotropic filtering being jacked up helps the distance blurrying alot." 

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2017, 04:04:32 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 04:05:39 PM by Skuzzy »

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2017, 10:28:36 PM »
RANDY RANDY RANDY! Thanks man :rock That made a world of difference! NK5Kf you TOO :rock Still bright, but at least now I can see clearer :banana:
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2017, 02:18:05 PM »
RANDY RANDY RANDY! Thanks man :rock That made a world of difference! NK5Kf you TOO :rock Still bright, but at least now I can see clearer :banana:

You are welcome.  NK5KF is the real hero here. 

Maybe Skuzzy could make a sticky for VR video settings.