Author Topic: Radio Comms controls/windows in Rift VR  (Read 497 times)

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
Radio Comms controls/windows in Rift VR
« on: April 11, 2017, 07:04:20 PM »
Anyone else having problems getting the comms/radio control box - the one with the 5 channels that pops up with the "/" key, to stay in place once it is moved?  It's really tricky to get it, and the "incoming" regular comms window, to stay in place, or adjust their size.  The radio comms "/" window, always ends up down on my seat, right where the FPS counter has been stuck, no matter how many times I'm moving it. 

Just me, or am I doing something wrong?

This is about the last, and only thing, I have not working with my VR set, but it keeps me from using it full time for MA gaming as it's really hard to see what's happening in the game comms wise.  VR otherwise is really fantastic, especially with some of the details cranked up now, and the  PD turned up too.

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
Re: Radio Comms controls/windows in Rift VR
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2017, 09:12:18 AM »
I have the issue Gman where the chat window overlays on top of the comms/radio control box - I can't keep it to stay in place. If I leave game and come back in, I have to reset ALL my window boxes - radio, text, and user list - they don't stay put.

Come to think of it, none of the places I put either of these items stay put if I exit the game. And the  user radio box always pops back up to the top right after a while.

"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2017, 10:57:58 AM »
Yes, i was just going to post the same thing.

The mouse ball has its problems.  Another one is when the ball is placed on a green icon on the clipboard map, it will not show the player's name.  That and the icon buttons when pulling up a right mouse button menu are hard to select.

Offline Infidelz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2017, 06:59:24 AM »
My mouse ball disappears when trying to resize the map in flight. I can move the map inside clipboard, and even guess when i am on the thin tab at the top sometimes. However the ball disappears when I try to mouse over the +/- for resizing. Works ok in the tower but not in the cockpit.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2017, 07:54:46 AM by Infidelz »

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2017, 10:40:53 AM »
As for the GUI/text boxes or whatever their real name is...Do you play AH exclusive in VR? Mine stay where I place them in VR...AS long as I don't go back to desktop monitor to play. Only problem I have had with dragging and placing in vr is if boxes overlap. Like text reader panel when expanded overlaps into radio channel box. Then text reader box defaults to my lap. I am not counting the time I tried to drag the HUD display box(IAS,Alt,Autopilot). Not sure how I did it but it was way behind me over my tail :confused: At least I knew exactly how fast I was going when dodging down low and hit a tree! :x
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain