Author Topic: Jug vs Stang 2  (Read 538 times)

Offline HollyWood750

• Copper Member
Jug vs Stang 2
« on: June 06, 2017, 08:49:44 PM »
https://youtu.be/8k0vUDmNhCA

Nice fight with a good Pony pilot.  Only watch if you have the same bad aim I have and also like watching big uglies dance.   :joystick:

<S>

-HW-

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Re: Jug vs Stang 2
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2017, 10:54:46 PM »
I'm not sure if it's the recording method or what, but the footage is very choppy, very jerky (jumpy). It sounded like a couple of sounds might have been cut short a time or two, as well. I appreciate the effort to put some combat footage up, but it's a little hard to watch.

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2017, 07:49:43 AM »
It's not that your aim is bad. Your aim is fine it's that your nose bounces like crazy when you pull the trigger.

You might try moving the trigger to your throttle. It would good advice I once read.  :D
It helps you to not bounce the plane while you are firing.

I think the choppiness described is probably the speed shaking the plane OR perhaps your stick is a little jerky? but I think it was the speed. Your frame rate was solid the whole time so I'd assume it was the speeds you were using that made it look choppy. I didn't hear the sound cut out.

Good film, thanks for sharing it.  :cheers:

« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 07:56:00 AM by Kanth »
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2017, 12:21:36 PM »
Good fights hlywd.  If you can find a way to smooth your controls out, life would get a lot easier for ya.   :salute

Offline DubiousKB

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2017, 01:27:31 PM »
cool video...

Concerned about the nose bounce though... seems like your joystick inputs are spiking or something...Maybe check out your scaling/dampening/deadband settings of your joystick input...

"Dang how'd i miss that?"....   Because it looks like your jug was playing in an inflatable bounce castle...  :devil
56th Fighter Group -  Jug Life

Offline hgtonyvi

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2017, 02:20:39 PM »
Yea his nose is always bouncing, Every time i meet him in his jug he is always bouncing around lol.
CO of the Hell Hounds. In Game: Rud3boi
*Ain't no grave can hold my body down.*

Top German Ace of Pantelleria 1943
            6./JG 27- 109G-2

Offline HollyWood750

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2017, 09:01:18 PM »
I knew I posted this for a reason.. I will check out the scaling/dampening/deadband settings.  I was always assumed it was because I was ham-handed on the controls.  And the throttle to the trigger.  I did take some effort to get the cleanest footage I could, but maybe I have an AMD card, so I think Shadowplay is out..? 

Thanks!

<S>

-HW-

Offline horble

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2017, 10:54:54 PM »
There's definitely something up with your controls, it's way too jerky. If it had been smooth you would've killed that pony car sooner.

Nice video!
Just some guy

Offline DubiousKB

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2017, 10:01:09 AM »
I knew I posted this for a reason.. I will check out the scaling/dampening/deadband settings.  I was always assumed it was because I was ham-handed on the controls.  And the throttle to the trigger.  I did take some effort to get the cleanest footage I could, but maybe I have an AMD card, so I think Shadowplay is out..? 

Thanks!

<S>

-HW-

Best thing I did was have those options open and use the scaled vs raw indiactors to give youan idea of what the game is actually seeing for inputs from your joystick.... Try smooth slow movements in a single axis and watch the raw input to see if it is as smooth as your hand movement. I had to play with my settings a bit to get a reasonable response.

Personally, i have my axis inputs scaled down alot on the first 40-50% to create smooth "small" movements, with the larger values scaled less, because if I'm pushing the stick THAT far one way of the other, I'm in trouble and need all the joystick input to go through!

Just be sure to test each change when in those settings while watching the RAW vs  Scaled axis input values, as you can really bugger it up too.  :salute
56th Fighter Group -  Jug Life

Offline HollyWood750

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2017, 09:21:17 PM »
Still playing with the settings, but thanks for the advice!

:joystick: