Author Topic: Attempt at a new Terrain  (Read 721 times)

Offline ebfd11

• Platinum Member
      • [b]POTW[/b]
Attempt at a new Terrain
« on: May 21, 2017, 12:33:13 PM »
Well I am taking the big step.. I am calling it MeleeRedo. It is a fantasy one so realism is not going to be an issue. There will be box canyons and a special tribute to Waystin2 called Ways Alley.. on all 3 fronts. Its a box canyon that is wide enough to start but when you get further along you have no chance on getting out.. and boom.

A few questions I have are ..
1. I will have a few canyons that intersect and I was wondering if I could put a manned gun or two that are connected to the base nearby there. 1 setup for each country ... as a surprise for the incoming fighters.

2. The center of it will have a section for the tankers and the 3 bases uncapturable, is that legal to do.

3. If I was to make "tank town" in the center can I use the city shape as the town or is that not able to do...

More questions to follow... BTW here is a sample of what I am starting to do ..The view is from a 5100 foot mesa in the center of the melee area

LawnDart

PIGS ON THE WING 3RD WING

InGame id: LawnDart
RIP Skullman Potzie and BentNail

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
Re: Attempt at a new Terrain
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2017, 02:32:32 PM »
#3 The default city is covered in ack plus a flack tower or two and someone must own it. We get around this in the AvA for Tank Night by manually killing the guns before it starts.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2017, 08:40:34 PM »
The map name is limited to 8 characters and is lower case iirc

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2017, 02:43:13 PM »
Lawndart,

Good to see you back in the game and the forums, and say hello to the Michelle for me. :D

Easyscor wrote the new manual with Greebo, it is excellent, and he is a very good guide beginning to end. He has helped many on the trip you are embarking. I'm kind of an anomaly in the order of starting out with terrains up to one day having Hitech place one in rotation. Because of that, I suspect I confuse people when I attempt to help them due to a lack of general time in grade experience like Easyscor. Make sure in the POTW facebook page if we talk about terrain building, please follow up with Easyscor so your first one is an enjoyable experience instead of a confusing experience.

From one piggy to another oink..... :O   
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline ebfd11

• Platinum Member
      • [b]POTW[/b]
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2017, 05:06:39 PM »
OK I have a few more questions...

are we able to combine tile sets...as the rocks on the pac tile set look better and the grass on the European look better..

also making the cbm so I can navigate easier is there a tutorial or can someone explain it to me in laymans terms...

do I need to have 3 fields and 3 hq's before I can attempt to take it for a test flight

I am slowly learning things that I can do and its hectic... but the final product will be awesome.

Pics to follow

LawnDart
PIGS ON THE WING 3RD WING

InGame id: LawnDart
RIP Skullman Potzie and BentNail

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2017, 06:11:18 PM »
OK I have a few more questions...

are we able to combine tile sets...as the rocks on the pac tile set look better and the grass on the European look better..

No

also making the cbm so I can navigate easier is there a tutorial or can someone explain it to me in laymans terms...

In the preliminary documentation, check out the Quick Start Guide, half way down in that sub-index.
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,386033.0.html

do I need to have 3 fields and 3 hq's before I can attempt to take it for a test flight

One field.

I am slowly learning things that I can do and its hectic... but the final product will be awesome.

Pics to follow

LawnDart
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2017, 01:01:20 PM »
lawn,

PLEASE download Easyscor's PDF manual. It is the single reason I was able to push buttons and not cry when I broke things which I did spectacularly. It has all of the basic answers while telling you step by step how to implement them.

Yeah I wish we could mix terrain tile sets to.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.