Author Topic: Planes of Fame Chino Warbird Air Show - Saturday 6 May 2017  (Read 224 times)

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
"Start with tribute formations honoring Planes of Fame founder, the late Ed Maloney, that included the N9M flying wing, the only flying P-26, and a P-35 derivative. And continue with wave after wave of warbirds in a fabulous show at Chino, California on the weekend of 6-7 May 2017. Kent Pietsch's masterfully graceful aerobatics in the Interstate Cadet, sponsored by Jelly Belly jelly beans, includes a visually compelling look at a spin with smoke on the wingtips of this vintage general aviation aircraft. The world's only flying Privateer patrol bomber graces the skies near the end, followed by a wrap-up heritage formation and F-35 air demonstration."

About 23 minutes; some cool stuff in this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_mDVxYbsZk

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
Re: Planes of Fame Chino Warbird Air Show - Saturday 6 May 2017
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2017, 01:37:52 AM »
I love Planes of Fame.

I used to go there when I lived in Pasadena.

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2017, 10:53:07 AM »
Yep, I used to go there too when I lived in yorba Linda.
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline Sabre

• Gold Member
      • Rich Owen
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2017, 12:43:40 PM »
Went to high school in La Verne, CA, and spent many a Saturday hanging out at PoF. Did some volunteer work there. Miss going to the yearly Gathering of Eagles, there.
Sabre
"The urge to save humanity almost always masks a desire to rule it."