Author Topic: Toad  (Read 613 times)

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
Toad
« on: May 13, 2017, 12:43:52 AM »
Good to have you back, dude.  You have not lost your touch.

- oldman (you should get a real plane, though)

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Re: Toad
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2017, 09:15:38 AM »
Well, thanks Oldman! Rude is back as well and we expect Sax to re-enlist in 13th TAS shortly.

However, as to my "touch"....it's long gone.

It's heck to get old but it's a lot worse not to get old, so I'm not complaining.

Still, the eyes just aren't what they used to be; much harder for me to see aspect of the bandit. My timing is WAY off when it comes to shooting. Either I'm not seeing the shot or my reflexes are a lot slower or both. Both probably.

Top that off with forgetting most of what I once understood about AH ACM and you've got...EASY MEAT! Come and get me!

Still enjoy the occasional kill though. Was fun flying in the DA with you last night. I think Rude and I are going to spend some more time there and try and sharpen our rusty old knives.

<S>
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline 8thJinx

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2017, 08:52:24 PM »
Oldman you still live in Lansdale? I'm in Souderton a lot, wife's sister live there.  Washington Inn/Sellersville Theater my favorite spot.

B-24H Liberator SN 294837-T, "The Jinx", 848th BS, 490th BG, 8th AF, RAF Station Eye, delivered 1943.  Piloted by Lt. Thomas Keyes, named by by his crew, and adorned with bad luck symbols, the aircraft survived the entire war.

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2017, 10:14:59 AM »
<S> Toad. Good to have you back!  Sax is around as well? That is cool!  Say hi to Rude for me!

:)
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech