Author Topic: gv's on bridges  (Read 409 times)

Offline Dogtown

• Copper Member
gv's on bridges
« on: April 22, 2017, 04:25:41 PM »
seems like you can't kill them with a bomb while they are on a bridge in town ..have tried many times. just wondering if anyone else has this problem.
Soooo's I'm standing there i got my ......NM

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
Re: gv's on bridges
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2017, 07:34:42 AM »
is your bomb hitting on target or just falling near by on the bridge?  We can't destroy the bridge so I guess no damage is recorded from any bombs or bullites that hit the bridge, those no effect on Vehicle. 
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2017, 08:59:29 AM »
Don't know about bombs but, tank rounds kill them. :D
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2017, 09:30:35 AM »
Don't know about bombs but, tank rounds kill them. :D

Good point, that's because the rounds fired by the defending tank hit the nme tank, whereas bombs dropped by an aircraft might not have dropped on the tank, but hit on the bridge near the tank and because the bridge is an object that can't be destroyed, the blast radies of the bomb has no effect.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2017, 10:52:24 AM »
I assume the bomb hits a bridge object and absorbs, or deflects the blast.  Ive noticed if I drop on a tank sitting in between buildings, they are tough to kill.  Likely for that same reason.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2017, 04:30:41 PM »
I've bombed GVs on the bridge without any issues.  The only time the GVs have survived my bomb drops is if my bombs didn't score a direct hit or not close enough.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2017, 11:18:48 PM »
I have seen gvs sitting on those bridges, m3s, `in the open` but safe..waiting,
I could not bomb them
1. maybe because of the bridge.
2. I suck at dropping eggs.

but they seemed to be using the bridge as cover
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2017, 03:50:26 PM »
Only thing the bridges would be cover from are town guns. If you creep up to the edge of the guns range,they cant hit you. I kill tanks and such on bridges quite often. Usually because they stop on the bridge waiting on the gun just to either side of the bridge to go down. :devil Easy to hit a stopped tank. Really not sure why they don't just shoot the gun themselves? Seriously...I have seen them stop on bridge and wait for a plane to gun down guns. :uhoh 50cal on M3 can usually get the gun before it is killed by said gun. It is town, maybe a red light or 3 way stop sign, eh I roll through those in real life sometimes :neener:  In AH3 it seem the auto guns as used against GVs is a lot more survivable than they use to be. Seems I see GVs roll right up on them all the time. I use to get shot up just rolling close to a field or town. I can sit in a wirb after the base is captured out from under me and kill every gun in range before I am turreted or tracked. It happens a lot, I still have to ditch (takes too long to just die)to stop the annoying sounds of getting shot  :x
« Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 03:55:15 PM by 1stpar3 »
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain