Author Topic: Saitek X55 POV issue  (Read 1863 times)

Offline DarkNet

• Copper Member
      • http://www.linuxjet.com
Saitek X55 POV issue
« on: May 08, 2017, 10:31:32 PM »
First off - I am using "Wine" on OSX - everything works great except for this.  - No access to a PC right now.

I haven't played for some time and I just purchased the X55 and like it so far but am having an issue with the POV on the stick.  I can not seem to get the Front Left position to be recognized.  There appear to be 9 different positions for this hat and only 8 are picked up by AH. 
CENTER
FORWARD
FRONT RIGHT
RIGHT
BACK RIGHT
BACK
BACK LEFT
LEFT
FRONT LEFT

They appear to be recognized in this order but stop at LEFT, so I am wondering if this is a limitation of AH or WINE in recognizing the 9th POV direction. 

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
Re: Saitek X55 POV issue
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2017, 11:37:34 PM »
I dont know about the X55 but my X52 needs to be selected in game controller settings properties and then all the buttons are seen, if not some do not work
maybe its similar...
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Offline DarkNet

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2017, 08:30:05 AM »
I have already gone into game controller settings.  The Controller was auto-selected correctly.  I did have to remap the POV hat to the correct settings.  Is there viewer or program out there that will allow me to test whether the directional is even working or not.  I guess it is a possibility that the front left direction is not even working.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2017, 09:14:25 AM »
From your Windows desktop, go to "Run" and type in "joy.cpl".  Hit the "Properties" button.  Select the "Test" tab and you should be able to test everything there and get visual feedback if Windows is seeing it.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2017, 12:26:26 PM »
Wouldn't "center" be a default position, with no need for hat switch input? The hat switch only has 8 positions + neutral position=9
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline DarkNet

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2017, 01:09:22 PM »
Wouldn't "center" be a default position, with no need for hat switch input? The hat switch only has 8 positions + neutral position=9

Exactly.  For some reason "Wine" is picking up the Front Left as the Neutral position so I am guessing AH is ignoring it.  Is there any way to remap the controller in Wine/Windows? 

-- POV in Front Left Position

-- POV in Neutral Position

They appear to be in a on off order because

HAT POS = Reported position
----------------------
CENTER/Neutral = forward
FORWARD = front right
FRONT RIGHT = right
RIGHT = back right
BACK RIGHT = back
BACK = back left
BACK LEFT = back
LEFT = front left
FRONT LEFT = neutral

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2017, 01:19:22 PM »
We are only going to provide what the operating system gives us.  We have no control over how it is presented to us.  Just FYI.

The Windows "joy.cpl" utility is what the operating system is seeing from the joystick.  No way to change that.  Not sure about Wine.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 01:20:53 PM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2017, 01:32:51 PM »
Can you not remap the hat switch IN game? I don't use them for views any more, just all the other things(trim,flaps ect). Did have to remap some of the hat switch to help out with views in VR. If you can, I would just remap the hat switch to a more preferable setup? Not really sure of your situation,ie. What is "wine"? :old:
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2017, 01:56:22 PM »
If the operating system is not giving the game the proper input related to the action, then no amount of mapping is going to fix it.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline DarkNet

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2017, 02:00:12 PM »
Can you not remap the hat switch IN game? I don't use them for views any more, just all the other things(trim,flaps ect). Did have to remap some of the hat switch to help out with views in VR. If you can, I would just remap the hat switch to a more preferable setup? Not really sure of your situation,ie. What is "wine"? :old:
Already did. But since wine only recognizes the front left as the neutral position ah does not recognize it as a valid option and does not recognize the input. 

This is definitely not an AH issue but there has to be a way to remap the POV in windows so that AH will see it.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2017, 02:44:31 PM »
It does not make any sense that it would not pick that one input up correctly, unless something else is interfering with it.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline DarkNet

• Copper Member
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2017, 02:53:18 PM »
It does not make any sense that it would not pick that one input up correctly, unless something else is interfering with it.
I would think so too. But like I said I'm using wine and it is probably just recognizing the inputs incorrectly.

I'll just remap to a different hat for now.  If I keep playing I plan on getting a track IR or a VR headset anyway.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2017, 12:18:23 AM »
YEP! Best investment I ever made was TrackIR! It really makes a big difference! Still not sure how some of the long time players manage without it :uhoh If you do decide to get TrackIR, make sure you get the Track Clip Pro! It doesn't have the tracking issues the Track hat clip has. :salute