Author Topic: A perspective from a new player on payment/player numbers  (Read 8608 times)

Offline puller

• Gold Member
Re: A perspective from a new player on payment/player numbers
« Reply #60 on: May 17, 2017, 07:59:47 AM »
So what you are telling us is that you have no money....but you have some sort of fake internet currency that means absolutely nothing in the real world...

In having this fake currency you think HTC should either accept this currency or put the game on steam NOTE:(I have still never even googled steam...don't really care what it is)

You know you can download the game and play for free in the free arenas under the free tab in game right??? All you have to do is have an account...

Your trolling other players and the developer are not going to get you anywhere...I still do not understand, other than the fact you have no money, why you can't play the game???
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #61 on: May 17, 2017, 09:46:07 AM »
I'm just a guy who would like to play but cannot.

And why not???
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #62 on: May 17, 2017, 11:59:27 AM »
From PaySafe:

Secure Information – When you buy a Paysafecard, you do not hook it to any type of bank account, credit card, or other personal information at all. In fact, all Paysafecards are bought with cash and you are given a voucher that will allow you to spend the money on your Paysafecard online without needing to enter in any information at all. If a site that you are using is then compromised, you never have to worry about your information getting into the wrong hands.

Cash - Means he can play Aces High if he wants to.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #63 on: May 17, 2017, 12:11:40 PM »
From PaySafe:

Secure Information – When you buy a Paysafecard, you do not hook it to any type of bank account, credit card, or other personal information at all. In fact, all Paysafecards are bought with cash and you are given a voucher that will allow you to spend the money on your Paysafecard online without needing to enter in any information at all. If a site that you are using is then compromised, you never have to worry about your information getting into the wrong hands.

You can also play ah with check or money order.

HiTech

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #64 on: May 17, 2017, 12:17:26 PM »
From PaySafe:

Do not forget about the 15% merchant account transaction fee Paysafe charges and then there is the $7.50 refund fee the player eats on refunds.  Does not sound like a good deal to me.

I would think a prepaid debit card would be a better deal.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #65 on: May 17, 2017, 12:39:30 PM »
where can I go to find time to play?  hitech please I pay monthly dues every month but I cannot find the time to play due to real life issues.  makes as much sense as nugetx reason for not playing the game.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #66 on: May 17, 2017, 01:56:29 PM »
I'm just a guy who would like to play but cannot.

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #67 on: May 17, 2017, 02:18:07 PM »
Do not forget about the 15% merchant account transaction fee Paysafe charges and then there is the $7.50 refund fee the player eats on refunds.  Does not sound like a good deal to me.

I would think a prepaid debit card would be a better deal.

I too was wondering why he didn't just use a prepaid debit card to play AH.

:salute
Sik
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #68 on: May 17, 2017, 02:30:11 PM »

Sik

It requires the verbal consent of an adult. Just guessing.

Offline Ramesis

• Silver Member
« Reply #69 on: May 17, 2017, 02:42:32 PM »
It requires the verbal consent of an adult. Just guessing.
Was thinking the same thing... but then again I've had
strokes  :old:
"Would you tell me, please,
 which way I ought to go from here?
 That depends a good deal on where
 you want to get to. Said the cat."
    Charles Lutwidge Dodgson a.k.a. Lewis Carroll

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #70 on: May 18, 2017, 12:49:16 AM »
So what you are telling us is that you have no money....but you have some sort of fake internet currency that means absolutely nothing in the real world...

Please good Sir, read first what is Steam and what is paysafecard....
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 12:56:29 AM by nugetx »

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #71 on: May 18, 2017, 01:00:20 AM »

Sik

My good man, it's easiest to pay online with paysafecard in this side of the world.

and those who still don't know.  You pay with real cash at your local retailer and purchase a voucher to pay it with it online.

That's why Steam is so popular, because it allows people to pay with what they want - with real cash and not 'fake currency'.

Also Steam user base is huge, 125 million players, so the potential customer is there.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 01:33:55 AM by nugetx »

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #72 on: May 18, 2017, 04:08:00 AM »
My good man, it's easiest to pay online with paysafecard in this side of the world.

I knew it. The world IS flat after all. Like a pizza.

Also Steam user base is huge, 125 million players, so the potential customer is there.

Sounds great! 124,999,850 LA7s, P-51Ds, Fw190D-9s and sprinkling of Tempests and 262s in your theatre shortly.  :banana:

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #73 on: May 18, 2017, 11:38:27 AM »

and those who still don't know.  You pay with real cash at your local retailer and purchase a voucher to pay it with it online.

That's why Steam is so popular, because it allows people to pay with what they want - with real cash and not 'fake currency'.

Skuzzy: Do not forget about the 15% merchant account transaction fee Paysafe charges

Please in front of this audience convince Hitech he wants to give Paysafe a cut of his transactions to accept Paysafe vouchers, or Steam 30%. Or increase the subscription fee past $14.95 to cover the incurred expense. So far you have not given an incentive that Hitech as a business owner in the online gaming industry has not investigated and rejected publicly in these forums over the years. Since you don't want to use the search(research) function before launching your boiler plate post at Hitech. You do get the point his response is no, so what is your purpose past this point other than ego against your audience including Hitech for rejecting you?
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #74 on: May 19, 2017, 01:13:07 AM »

Please in front of this audience convince Hitech he wants to give Paysafe a cut of his transactions to accept Paysafe vouchers, or Steam 30%

Well, i'm not here to convince anyone about anything.... just saying why some people cannot play this, because they use different payment methods.

Also imo by having it on Steam 2 birds can be hit with 1 stone, the payment and popularity problem. Look at general discussion the 'player numbers down' thread has 14 pages, it means there is lack of players. Steam is where players today reside, young generation, and lets be honest, games are mostly played by younger people, without credit cards. 

If this is worth the 30% of steam? it's not my decision, but if I would make a game I know I would distribute it on steam because it's the place where you make money from games today.There is a crowd on steam who just collects games for the sake of collecting, because they need to have all the games in their library, and then are the trading cards, where people trade cards with each other for real money and the developers and steam get a cut from the sales.

That's all. Peace. Over and out.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 02:14:37 AM by nugetx »