Author Topic: Stealing kills...  (Read 1315 times)

Offline 2Late4U

• Copper Member
Stealing kills...
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2001, 08:43:00 PM »
I've said it b4, and Im saying it again.  I dont care who shoots at a live enemy, I do prefer not to have people jump on someone Ive got saddled up good, but so long as you try not to fly into my line of fire, its no big deal.  Id rather get an assist, than a XXXXX shot you down.

Shooting a dead plane is unforgivable however, and its always obvious when a plane is missing important parts....ya know, like wings.  Just politely as/remind the offending player that you would prefer it if he didnt shoot a planes you had taken out already, and move on.  95% of the time, the player realizes they made a mistake, the other 5% can fend for themselves when they are in trouble.

Be polite, be patient and be friendly...you'll usually end up a much happier player   :D

Offline majic

• Silver Member
Stealing kills...
« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2001, 11:02:00 PM »
How would you guys feel about getting 1/2 kills?

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
Stealing kills...
« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2001, 11:54:00 PM »
I'd hate getting half kills.

There ain't such a thing as a half kill.

Sort of like being half dead, or half pregnant.

Of course, I'm LW. The allied pigdogs seem to think one can be half dead or half pregnant  :).

Offline Blue Mako

• Silver Member
      • http://www.brauncomustangs.org/BLUEmako.htm
Stealing kills...
« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2001, 12:08:00 AM »
Originally posted by majic:
How would you guys feel about getting 1/2 kills?

Not a good idea IMO.  Instead, include assist stats in the expanded format score page.  Don't change the scoring system, just show who you got assists on and in what a/c...

Offline Tac

• Platinum Member
Stealing kills...
« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2001, 12:59:00 AM »
As it is now, its the plane that gets the more hits that receives the kill. Its supposed to be the one that does the most damage... yet repetitively we see people getting a snapshot on a passing plane and have someone else 5 minutes after that shoot up the same plane and the 1st guy gets the kill...or a wingless, tailess, burning plane spiraling down only to have someone ping it a lot and get the kill.

IMO, the game should have something to recognize *critical damage* and award the kill to whoever inflicted it. If I shoot off the tail or wing of a fighter with 1 30mm shot and joe blow pings him with 400 .50 cal rounds on his way down... joe blow gets the kill, although I was the one that took that plane outta the fight.

"Hot spots" to determine *critical damage*?
Destruction of:
Wing/Wingtips (either wing)
Tail
Pilot (aka, BOOM, not wounded)
AND disabling of:
Engine

should "tag" the person that did the above damage and wait for the plane to be destroyed (pilot bails out, plane crashes/ditches) before awarding the kill. That way a plane without a wing that is on its way down or is somehow managing to LAND the thing (aka, wingtip blown out) is recognized as a victory to the one that did it, not to the overeager scummer that goes after the plane to snatch an easy kill to his credit by shooting down a plane that already was out of the fight!.

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
Stealing kills...
« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2001, 01:31:00 AM »
Originally posted by Tac:
As it is now, its the plane that gets the more hits that receives the kill.

Are you sure that's accurate?  If so, planes equipped with .303s would actually be best to take into furballs or on vulch runs with multiple friendlies around.  In vulching especially, a plane like the Spit V with four .303s will almost certainly land more hits than just about anybody else (owing to the very high rate of fire for these guns) while doing a minimum of damage.  If the number of hits alone counts for the kill, Spit Vs should be vulching machines.

Obviously you're mistaken, as I can say from experience that this just isn't the case.  Take a Spit V or IX equipped with .303s into battle sometime and fill your opponent full of hundreds of rounds of rifle-caliber bullets.  Then watch your 109G-10 wingman come in and blast the unfortunate target with one well-placed shot from a 30mm cannon.

Guess who gets the kill?  I'd bet the house your wingman does despite only having hit with one round.

-- Todd/DMF

Offline AN

• Copper Member
Stealing kills...
« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2001, 01:41:00 AM »
I still say only award a 'kill' if only one person gets hits on a plane.  If more than one person hits the plane, everyone that does gets an 'assist'.

:D

anRky

Offline Naso

• Silver Member
      • http://www.4stormo.it
Stealing kills...
« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2001, 04:01:00 AM »
Kill stealing is'nt a problem, the annoyng problem is the killshooter as it works now.

Opoen fire and boom!!

Someone is in myu line of fire (usually under the nose).

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
Stealing kills...
« Reply #38 on: September 11, 2001, 05:41:00 AM »
30mm & they go BOUM, just like Westy said  :D

Maybe we could have a "Duel mode" (a friend of mine is a everquest freak, and he explained me that if you'r pi$$ed at someone, you can challenge him to a duel, both sides have to accept...)

Have a DUEL CALL command, if both accept, Killshooter is OFF for both of them (but only for both of them.)
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline Pepe

• Silver Member
Stealing kills...
« Reply #39 on: September 11, 2001, 05:47:00 AM »
Hehehee, I'm just wondering....

Friendly on con's 6....you close friendly's 6....press the duel button...popup window on friendly's FE, just over the gunsite...

The really funny stuff is when he, red with anger about losing sight on his target, presses OK to duel, and you blow him immediately   :D .....maybe I quit Rookland for some time if this is ever implemented   ;)

Cheers,

Pepe

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
Stealing kills...
« Reply #40 on: September 11, 2001, 07:26:00 AM »
Steven, a good example of this happened yesterday.

Was up in my La7, dove in on a b17 who had recently rolled. Slide in, chop throttle, open fire at 350, by 250 his wing is in 4 pieces and he's falling. As I pull up I see 3 friendly's scream past me shooting at  the buff. None of them were on the b17 when I dove in. One of them got the kill yet on my end I clearly was the one that blew his wing off.

Not a big deal, but it's irritating when it happens consistantly.

Guys who do it to me more than once go on my short list of friendly's who do NOT get 6 calls. Do Not get helped if they get in a jam. And I will steal kills from them if the opportunity arises.

Offline Dawvgrid

• Nickel Member
Stealing kills...
« Reply #41 on: September 11, 2001, 07:36:00 AM »
Huh? why? Does this mean we can't hit anyone
on landing? Didn't they do this in RL?

It sure happened in RL,but this is a game.
And when you try to land,not at an airfield,
you are no longer a treat to the guy,so why  use your ammo.And I personally find it more satisfying,to let him land/ditch(IF HE FOUGHT WELL)
In CT frenchy and I had a dogfight for 35 min,when I ran out of fuel,he couldt have downed me,,,,,,,but didnt,,,,,,,,he let me ditch,cause he respected my flying,,,,,,I guess,he knew the kodeks.

Offline Minotaur

• Copper Member
Stealing kills...
« Reply #42 on: September 11, 2001, 08:19:00 AM »
LOL  :)

Not this again!

Guys, the MA is mayhem.  You have to expect anything will happen.  

If you want to duel "Mono E Mono" or such crap go to the dueling arena.

Complaining only lessens the experience for all.

Offline CRASH

• Copper Member
Stealing kills...
« Reply #43 on: September 11, 2001, 08:22:00 AM »
Sure ya do.  

CRASH

Originally posted by Dawvgrid:
Yesterday I tangled with a P51 when i ran outta fuel.After burning all my E,I went in for landing/ditching,,,,,,,,,he made several passess spraying all over,I evaded (hard to do without fuel,at low alt,with gear out, and he finally got me,,,,,,,,,,,,this is the same issue "lack of situationawareness" imo,
"You dont shot at a guy with his gear out"

Offline Minotaur

• Copper Member
Stealing kills...
« Reply #44 on: September 11, 2001, 08:23:00 AM »
Originally posted by StSanta:
I'd hate getting half kills.

There ain't such a thing as a half kill.

Sort of like being half dead, or half pregnant.

Of course, I'm LW. The allied pigdogs seem to think one can be half dead or half pregnant   :).

LOL  :)  

Only an accommplished LW as your self would even think of getting a woman half pregnant.

But alas...

My policy is "Practice Practice Pratice"!  
  :D