Author Topic: Volunteering for across the board WEP remodelling research  (Read 1756 times)

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
Re: Volunteering for across the board WEP remodelling research
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2017, 02:38:21 AM »
Semp's just grumpy and confused because in real life he drives a car so old he still has to do manual mixture and timing  :old:

I do like this idea a bit...

MA fuel burn rate is also not presently considered. And WEP also increases fuel consumption. In Aces High there are a lot more War Emergencies than real life of course!  :banana:

”It's a shame that he's gone, but the shame is entirely his”
HiTech 2 - Skyyr 0

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2017, 04:56:28 AM »
I do like this idea a bit - the way the different models achieved their WEP is a valid point.  Is it just overboost?  Are you injecting a consumable like MW50 or Nitrous?  Modeling this in a more realistic manner on each ride wouldn't be that difficult.  Rides with consumables would have a fixed amount of WEP and once you burn it, it is gone.  Rides with overboost that just automatically kick off when the engine gets too hot would be the interesting bit - I'd suggest letting you keep the boost on, and then after x minutes you get an increasing percentage chance per minute of blowing an oil line.  The "x" minute mark (and the rate of overboost into engine overheating badly) would vary by engine.

Once you get to a certain level of detail the difference in fuel octane should be modeled too.  :devil

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2017, 05:11:43 AM »
Once you get to a certain level of detail the difference in fuel octane should be modeled too.  :devil

Walk first. Run later  ;)

”It's a shame that he's gone, but the shame is entirely his”
HiTech 2 - Skyyr 0

Offline EagleDNY

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2017, 07:02:47 PM »
We are here to concentrate on fighting another not concentrating on the engine.

Semp

I'd just like the rides I am fighting to have some relationship the the actual performance of the real ride.  Infinity-recharging WEP is nice for an XBox game, but I would prefer a little more realism.