Author Topic: 2 Suggestions to make the game more fun  (Read 2033 times)

Offline JVboob

• Nickel Member
Re: 2 Suggestions to make the game more fun
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2017, 05:15:11 PM »
I can vividly imagine the kind of 'names' it would end up with...  :noid

LMAO!!!!
"Sighhhhhhhhhh, office closed do to ice for a day, And I miss a thread like this.."HiTech
Armed N Hammered 2002-2003
JG44 Night Hawks/JV44 Butcher Birds 2003-2009
49th Fighter Group fightn' 49ers Feb2012-present
138th FW Tulsa, OK 2009-2015

Offline EagleDNY

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2017, 06:57:51 PM »
1.  I can see picking up downed pilots, but I'm not sure it would be worth the time.
2.  Instead of base naming rights (because others in this thread are absolutely right that we would get some bad base names - which could also affect new players experience) - I could see instead a sign on the airfield that was updated with a "Courtesy Of: <squadron name>" that had the squadron of the last person to capture the field.  Something like the "Cross the Rhine with Dry Feet - Courtesy of the 9th Armored Div" sign they put at Remagen. 

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2017, 11:26:46 AM »
Only the individual who dropped the troop or troops that captured the map room could be tracked for a name in lights. It would be the same function as the kills name in lights text message. If implemented, it would update a text board in the tower. It may not be a bad wish modified to the person who's troop or troops captured the map room gets their name in the text buffer just like landed kills text. It might start a bit of a competition between players just to get that message with their name at least once. Goals are good from time to time if people become motivated. Elvis and the Beatles motivated people for some time.... :O
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline RedBeard

• Copper Member
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2017, 01:16:59 PM »
I think that in order to make pilot pickup meaningful, you need to have a bonus for doing it.  The only thing I can think of at the moment would be to reset the achievements if a pilot dies, and that seems pretty drastic.  However, it would make staying alive more meaningful.

Offline Chris79

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2017, 01:33:37 PM »
I think that in order to make pilot pickup meaningful, you need to have a bonus for doing it.  The only thing I can think of at the moment would be to reset the achievements if a pilot dies, and that seems pretty drastic.  However, it would make staying alive more meaningful.

Big perk bonus....it ought to work with those who don't have many.

Chuikov

Offline redcatcherb412

• Nickel Member
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2017, 09:34:09 AM »
A bailout option for disabled GVs. (tracked, turreted , engine out)

PITA to have your tank disabled not killed in town and have an m3 drive past you for the take.  A GV driver on the ground could shoot troops as bailed pilots do now.  Have the GV blow up after bailing like a crashing plane being bailed from. 

Of course give the GV driver a thompson SMG instead of a 1911 .45     :D
Ground Pounders ...

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2017, 02:48:12 PM »
uhhh I'm not gonna sit around and wait for someone to pick me up when u can just tower-oh SNAP WAIT!!!! I forget some people are worried about tank and score, well excuse the heck outa me. you know I pay attention to my rank as a barometer has to how well I'm doing not ot out rank or win 1st 2nd or 3rd best player for a tour..just check my killed and bails. I bail outa perk tanks all the time.i bail my planes all the time...If I flay out 4 or 5k chasing a plane and he gets away I'm not gonna fly all the way back and land I'm gonna bail  unless I have kills..

« on: Today at 09:34:09 AM »

Insert Quote

A bailout option for disabled GVs. (tracked, turreted , engine out)

PITA to have your tank disabled not killed in town and have an m3 drive past you for the take.  A GV driver on the ground could shoot troops as bailed pilots do now.  Have the GV blow up after bailing like a crashing plane being bailed from. 

Of course give the GV driver a thompson SMG instead of a 1911 .45   

seeing as how a M3 can run faster than a person bailing out of a tank is silly...if your in a tank in town you should already have your tank hidden and pointed at the map room..most of the tanks have turret mounted machine guns .50 cal or 12.7 and have inner turret and chassis or hull guns.

again its faster to tower and reupp-then to sit a wait foir a seaplane who then has to fly you back to some base. it's just silly but I do recognize  your right to make silly wishes-oops sorry
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline redcatcherb412

• Nickel Member
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2017, 03:47:46 PM »
 I do recognize  your right to make silly wishes

Well the forum name is 'wishlist' ya know  :neener:

Some do just sit in the trees and attacking aircraft look closely for them to bomb them out.
But if you're tracked, turreted, engine out etc. having the chance to have the GV cmdr out on foot
could save the base.  We all see friendlies bail over the town or on a GV base from aircraft
just to try to cover the maproom. Trying to fight the take is what maprooms defense is all about.
A good attack crew will take out or disable defending GVs plus hangers so no respawns are possible.

Just seems all code is in place already to accomodate a man on foot armed, only the bail mechanism is missing for a GV.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 03:59:59 PM by redcatcherb412 »
Ground Pounders ...

Offline Rodent57

• AH Training Corps
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2017, 03:15:27 PM »
+1
+1
+1

minus Zoney's two negative votes

=

+1
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new
Setting an example is not the main means of influencing others; it is the only means
-AE

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2017, 03:55:25 PM »
+1
+1
+1

minus Zoney's two negative votes

=

+1

But then I also said no 3 times so we are at:

Wag more, bark less.

Offline Rodent57

• AH Training Corps
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2017, 03:58:50 PM »
double damn!

+20
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new
Setting an example is not the main means of influencing others; it is the only means
-AE

Offline RedBeard

• Copper Member
« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2017, 09:30:59 PM »

Big perk bonus....it ought to work with those who don't have many.

You can't use a big perk bonus because people would purposely bail and use a friend to recover them just to farm points.