Author Topic: An absolute must in VR  (Read 3160 times)

Offline toddbobe

• Nickel Member
Re: An absolute must in VR
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2020, 09:59:29 PM »
I ordered the lenses that fit in the headset. Works well and no scratches
Todd

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2020, 06:17:34 PM »
Since this post is three years old I'll update my comment. I did eventually mar the lenses with my glasses and I do recommend not wearing glasses with the headset although the lenses are still usable and I don't notice the issue when using them. I would have gotten headset inserts but I got inserts for my eyes instead so I don't need glasses now.

Offline Mayhem

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.damned.org
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2020, 05:25:46 PM »
My understanding is if you need to wear distance glasses you need to keep your glasses on when using VR or get inserts. However, if you need reading glasses you can actually leave your glasses off?

I have to use 2.00 reading glasses even to read text at my desktop but, I do not need glasses for distance vision liek when I drive.
"Destination anywhere! So Far Gone, I'm almost There."
The Damned! (Est. 1988) Damned if we do - No fun if we don't!
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2020, 07:48:50 PM »
Correct. The lenses in front of the screens put the screens at a virtual distance. The depth perception from the two images can set items virtually closer or farther away but they all still focus at the same virtual distance.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2020, 02:59:10 AM »
Since this post is three years old I'll update my comment. I did eventually mar the lenses with my glasses and I do recommend not wearing glasses with the headset although the lenses are still usable and I don't notice the issue when using them. I would have gotten headset inserts but I got inserts for my eyes instead so I don't need glasses now.
3 years? HOLY CRAP! Seems like Last Month since I posted this! :uhoh
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline NikonGuy

• Copper Member
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2021, 03:58:39 AM »
Yes DO NOT WEAR GLASSES .. my 1 week old Rift S had scratches and I ruined a good pair of glasses.  Anyway, I ordered VR optical lenses and managed to polish out the scratches with smooth Toothpaste and a lint free cloth .. phew.  The pucker valve was goin' there for a while :P

<S>
You break 'em, I fix 'em.
RAAF Retired Aircraft Maintenance Technician, General Dynamics F111, Lockheed P3C, Douglas A20G & DB7

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2021, 06:40:22 AM »
I can change out the lenses in my vive pro like an expert due to scratches caused by my glasses

I did the fresnel lenses replacement mod which allows me to do that with lenses off ebay

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline NikonGuy

• Copper Member
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2021, 11:13:31 PM »
I had same issue so purchase some prescription inserts.  I was able to buff out the scratches with smooth toothpaste and a lint free cloth :)

NG<S>
You break 'em, I fix 'em.
RAAF Retired Aircraft Maintenance Technician, General Dynamics F111, Lockheed P3C, Douglas A20G & DB7