Author Topic: How to disable Oculus touch?  (Read 1124 times)

Offline extropy

• Zinc Member
How to disable Oculus touch?
« on: April 15, 2017, 09:51:22 AM »
I just installed Oculus touch controllers, but don't need them for Aces High.

They seem to mess up my normal access to menus, map, etc. and the hands get in the way in the cockpit.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
Re: How to disable Oculus touch?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2017, 10:16:17 AM »
I didn't need to do anything different with my controllers. As long as I don't have them in my hands on game start anyway. They show up under control settings, might need to just unmap any functions. Not really sure as this wasn't an issue for me
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2017, 05:47:45 PM »
I just installed Oculus touch controllers, but don't need them for Aces High.

They seem to mess up my normal access to menus, map, etc. and the hands get in the way in the cockpit.

Take the batteries out.

Offline doright

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2017, 03:24:21 PM »
Have to agree that they are obnoxious in the game, if they are active but not being used.

Usually they have powered themselves off and it's not a problem for me, but occasionally I'll bump one while playing. I'm not very adapt a taking out the battery while blind to RL and Dale holding a hand over my eyes while I try to dogfight. A don't use checkbox would be nice. Not just for the touch but all controllers that you don't want in game.
Armaments 3:9 "Fireth thee not in their forward quarters lest thee be beset by 200 imps and be naughty in their sight."

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2017, 07:04:58 AM »
You can also just set them in another room and they will fade out even if they are on. I got tired of mine showing up and blocking my view .
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2017, 03:50:59 PM »
Mine are currently hanging a couple of feet below a sensor, batteries included, and Oculus doesn't see them unless I use them. The magnetic battery cover is pretty neat and easy to use but just leaving them alone seems sufficient.