Author Topic: Il-2 Sturmovik "REALISM"  (Read 334 times)

Offline Eksel

• Zinc Member
Il-2 Sturmovik "REALISM"
« on: October 27, 2001, 12:02:00 PM »
If any of you already played this game, or the demo at least, you would probably agree with me that it is excellent. Personally, I like to dive bomb all the time, dogfighting isn't my thing. The thing about this game is that in combat, when you stall, wether you just stall by going up or go into a flat spin, YOU CANT GET OUT OF IT. So basically if you stall you are dead. This isn't realism, is it?

Offline Wingnut_0

• Copper Member
      • http://www.Luftjagerkorps.com
Il-2 Sturmovik "REALISM"
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2001, 12:10:00 PM »
Sry, haven't had a problem getting out of stalls in IL-2 except for flat spins which are tough anyway.   Othewise might try the O club, seeing as this isn't about AH!

Offline Wardog

• Copper Member
Il-2 Sturmovik "REALISM"
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2001, 12:17:00 PM »
Realism is playing against AI drones??

Wont even look at IL2 unless it can get 200 players in it online.

Dog out.............

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
Il-2 Sturmovik "REALISM"
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2001, 01:10:00 PM »
il2 stalls aint that bad. flats spins are tough depending on your alt. Don't jerk your stick around keep your speed up.

I don't know how much fun it is fighting ai but I always found it gets old quick.

fyi theres like 5 forums to talk about how great your game is they might actually care about il2 there as well.

Atleast you coulda used the o'club   :rolleyes:

Offline Angus

• Plutonium Member
Il-2 Sturmovik "REALISM"
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2001, 08:19:00 AM »
Tried the Il-2 first time yesterday, and was quite disappointed with the flight model. Planes are sluggish in turns, and way to nimble on the roll axis, not to mention funny acceleration modelling, especially on the runway. Autopilot also had the tendency to leave me in an uncontrollable stall.
Felt good to come back into AH   :D
It was very interesting to carry out the flight trials at Rechlin with the Spitfire and the Hurricane. Both types are very simple to fly compared to our aircraft, and childishly easy to take-off and land. (Werner Mölders)

Offline Staga

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.nohomersclub.com/
Il-2 Sturmovik "REALISM"
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2001, 10:06:00 AM »
Originally posted by Angus:
Autopilot also had the tendency to leave me in an uncontrollable stall

Heh I didn't even knew it has a autopilot  :)