Author Topic: Is topgun 2 really Is it really In the works?  (Read 3890 times)

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
Re: Is topgun 2 really Is it really In the works?
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2017, 11:13:58 PM »
Films or movies as the colonials say are cans of baked beans or big macs :)

Its a product to be sold :)

They are not made to educate anyone but to make coin :)

Topgun 1 is a bit fruity apparently, i have never watched it,  then again i have never watched ET ( The film staring woody allen as a alien).

The last time i went to the cinema was 10 years ago, why would i want to sit in a room full of people :rofl

There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2017, 11:23:02 PM »
Films or movies as the colonials say are cans of baked beans or big macs :)

Its a product to be sold :)

They are not made to educate anyone but to make coin :)

Topgun 1 is a bit fruity apparently, i have never watched it,  then again i have never watched ET ( The film staring woody allen as a alien).

The last time i went to the cinema was 10 years ago, why would i want to sit in a room full of people :rofl

You lost me at I HAVE NEVER WATCHED IT.  Liar liar pants on fire!
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
- THE DAMNED -
King of the Hill Champ Tour 219 - Win Percentage 100
"1v1 Skyyr might be the best pilot ever to play the game." - Via PM, Name Redacted

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2017, 12:17:07 AM »
It's a new story line based on our special BJ Spaz
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2017, 07:50:20 AM »
You lost me at I HAVE NEVER WATCHED IT.  Liar liar pants on fire!

:rofl
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2017, 09:21:43 AM »
It's a new story line based on our special BJ Spaz

LOL I think THAT story would piss off Toad even more than his version...

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: May 26, 2017, 09:31:50 AM »

Yep, I can't agree more. I can't stand main stream channel 'programming'  :aok

I guess I just don't care to have the latest fad in PC societal mores shoved down my throat on a non-stop basis. Additionally, the portrayal of a tiny minority population as an overwhelming majority irks me.

Can't we just have nice things without all the Big Brother messaging?

I'm an old fahrt, I admit.
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: May 26, 2017, 09:47:56 AM »
If we are talking about bad plots and story lines that defy logic, how about this

How about they are using some hi tech aircraft that only has missile capability, which is rendered useless by some foreign country in a cyber attack making the aircraft worthless. So all the good guys take the aircraft up, open the canopy and shoot down the bad guys with an M16 or RPG. Oh and dont forget the epic taking a 9mm and shooting the lead bad guy in the head as he gets ready to shoot down the leading good guy
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: May 26, 2017, 10:15:36 AM »
LOL I think THAT story would piss off Toad even more than his version...

You misunderstand, Serenity.

It doesn't piss me off. It's tiresome. It's trite. It's ubiquitous. Most of all, it's boring.

It's every old WW2 movie from the 50s-70s having the mandatory soldier from Brooklyn.

It's cowboy movies from the 50s and 60s that have to show saguaro cactus, even if the story is set in Kansas.

Beyond that, however, it IS the PC messaging. It's the non-stop attempt to impose a "new moral orthodoxy imposed uniformly on all."

This popped up today on RCP and directly exemplifies what I am talking about and it is the source of that quote.

https://stream.org/banning-lou-reed-the-cultural-revolution-eats-its-fathers/

It doesn't piss me off but it does concern me. As it should you, seeing as you are now sworn to protect the Constitution and the BOR. No moral orthodoxy of the day should be imposed on any of us.

Just to be clear, I don't care what consenting adults do in private. Not my concern. As long as there is mutual consent, it's all good. That said, children under the age of reason can't give consent by definition. Neither could Richard Gere's hamster. If someone want's to plonk the knothole in a pine board, it's no business of mine seeing as the board is inanimate and consent doesn't enter into it.

The Borg-like non-stop attempt to assimilate all into the latest fad new moral orthodoxy is just......boring to the extreme.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: May 26, 2017, 10:19:41 AM »
The original Top Gun movie kinda pissed me off. As a young kid, all I ever wanted to do was fly. I put together model airplanes - first one I ever did was the F4U-1 Corsair, then a B-26, a F-111, a F-15, and a 1/18th F-14 (it was Hueeeege), and a B-1B bomber. I remember dreaming about being a WWII pilot. My dad took me to all the air shows that came in. And anytime any special visit from military aircraft were in the area, he took me down upon my request to visit them. I purchased and played every flight and combat simulator game I could get my hands on as a young kid.

I joined the air cadets to get my pilots license with the hope of being a military pilot when I got old enough...Then along came effing Top effing Gun and hordes of young lads all of a sudden wanted to be a pilot too cause it was COOL and you got to ride cool motorcycles and get hot blond babes.  I saw the film...(did a lot of eye rolling on the engagement tactics) and although I found the movie totally over the top, it did confirm that I wanted to be a pilot but all of a sudden, so were a lot of other younger males who never ever before thought about it and they all joined the air cadets to being pilots.

All now, the competition to be a pilot in air cadets was six-fold prior Top Gun for the same year I was eligible to become a pilot. . I knew I would be an AWESOME pilot as during our run up to the competition they take you out to see how you handle aircraft. I came in first.  But come to the exams and interviews... I came in third behind my two other class mates who were also Top Gun wanna-be's but no interest in a career like I was. Both were very smart and personable lads who ended up becoming engineers... One almost didn't pass cause he sucked at flying, and the other was an 'ok' pilot - he should stick to going to university and become something else. 

And as a young lad, it crushed me. I quit cadets the next year as the following list of Top Gun wanna-be's was even longer for the next year.

So, for me, I say EFFF YOU Top Gun with your BS effects and bullsheit bravado. Hope #2 burns in hell. :furious

:D
« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 10:26:50 AM by Mister Fork »
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: May 26, 2017, 11:03:53 AM »

You misunderstand, Serenity.

It doesn't piss me off. It's tiresome. It's trite. It's ubiquitous. Most of all, it's boring.

It's every old WW2 movie from the 50s-70s having the mandatory soldier from Brooklyn.

It's cowboy movies from the 50s and 60s that have to show saguaro cactus, even if the story is set in Kansas.

Beyond that, however, it IS the PC messaging. It's the non-stop attempt to impose a "new moral orthodoxy imposed uniformly on all."

This popped up today on RCP and directly exemplifies what I am talking about and it is the source of that quote.

https://stream.org/banning-lou-reed-the-cultural-revolution-eats-its-fathers/

It doesn't piss me off but it does concern me. As it should you, seeing as you are now sworn to protect the Constitution and the BOR. No moral orthodoxy of the day should be imposed on any of us.

Just to be clear, I don't care what consenting adults do in private. Not my concern. As long as there is mutual consent, it's all good. That said, children under the age of reason can't give consent by definition. Neither could Richard Gere's hamster. If someone want's to plonk the knothole in a pine board, it's no business of mine seeing as the board is inanimate and consent doesn't enter into it.

The Borg-like non-stop attempt to assimilate all into the latest fad new moral orthodoxy is just......boring to the extreme.

That I can certainly understand, and I DO have issues in it when we start seeing reboots of old movies where they CHANGE the existing characters to push a certain narrative. However, I think adding new characters who display different personas than what we have seen before isn't necessarily a bad thing. Again, had DADT remained in place, I would certainly have an issue with an openly lesbian crew chief. I guess for me I don't take issue with adding a character or two who isn't part of the main stream because it IS part of the reality of the service now. However, if ALL of the characters were these non-mainstream types, then I would have an issue. But one or two, NEW characters who are non-mainstream, is a good thing I think, as it DOES display a realistic depiction of the service.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: May 26, 2017, 11:10:42 AM »
Have Iceman come win with his oxygen tank and give Mav a rah rah speech when he quits the school in protest.   :rofl
”KILLER V”
- THE DAMNED -
"1v1 Skyyr might be the best pilot ever to play the game." - Via PM, Name Redacted

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: May 26, 2017, 01:18:34 PM »
Ice is looking pretty good these days. Taken yesterday. He's had a rough go past 2 years with cancer.

Mav is well...(dam him) still kinda looks the same (yesterday as well at The Mummy premiere)
« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 01:22:23 PM by Mister Fork »
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: May 26, 2017, 01:33:01 PM »
Kilmer looks much better than when I last saw him.  Good for him. 

He wants in.   Why not?   Make him a Captain or Rear Admiral. 

http://radaronline.com/celebrity-news/top-gun-sequel-tom-cruise-val-kilmer/
« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 01:35:14 PM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
- THE DAMNED -

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: May 26, 2017, 06:52:36 PM »
They both probably look as good as their top ranked plastic surgeons were able to make them look.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #44 on: May 26, 2017, 09:51:31 PM »
They both probably look as good as their top ranked plastic surgeons were able to make them look.

Kinda bitter in your old age Toad :)

How bout we talk 5th AF B-25s instead? :aok
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters