Author Topic: Winter EU Speedtree tree set  (Read 536 times)

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
Winter EU Speedtree tree set
« on: June 19, 2017, 05:22:09 PM »
I suspect a winter terrset## will require a new number but I'd like to request access to the winter trees. It's doubtful that any of the building types had enough insulation to keep snow on the roofs for any length of time so those aren't necessary, nice, but not necessary.

Thanks
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Owlblink

• Nickel Member
Re: Winter EU Speedtree tree set
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2017, 12:11:31 PM »
 :aok

Would love to see some winter maps!
I suspect there are still some issues with terrain still looking like white sand instead of snow?
Kommando Nowotny FSO
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline BBQsam

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2017, 06:02:31 PM »
A couple of years ago in the AH2 AVA arena  there was a snow covered map and if i recall correctly many of the trees had snow on them or partial snow on them. I flew a white German bomber, cant remember if it was the Ju88 or He111 with white camo but was lot of fun flying and fighting in the pretty much, lots of white, snow map. Also what helped was the very low or 0 nme Icons which made having a camo plane actually workable on that map.  Im not the dev, im not a dev at all so I dont know why ah3 melee cant have or does not have a mostly "snow/white" map.
"I have really only one simple rule,
Give more to the game than you take away."
Zoney  December 23, 2009  ahbbs
--------------------------------------------------
<Salute> Pipz    September 27, 2017   RIP

Offline BBQsam

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2017, 06:20:50 PM »

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2017, 06:55:14 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

That was one of the most fun events I've ever flown in.  Sitting (like a duck) on the tarmac and waiting to refuel our buffs with the enemy flying all over making kills was heart poundingly intense.  I was giggling when I finally got wheels up, skimming the treetops running home yelling WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2017, 08:24:48 PM »
That was pretty cool

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2017, 08:29:26 AM »
i criticized Thursday night tank fights not long ago, and was told to come up with a idea since i had a problem with theirs. so i suggested a winter map, because i was on 1 in a AVA deal once, it was nice. but was then told the Snow tiles or winter map tiles or info or whatever is used to make a winter map did not get transferred from AH2 so they couldn't make a snow terrain.
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline BBQsam

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2017, 12:40:21 PM »
i criticized Thursday night tank fights not long ago, and was told to come up with a idea since i had a problem with theirs. so i suggested a winter map, because i was on 1 in a AVA deal once, it was nice. but was then told the Snow tiles or winter map tiles or info or whatever is used to make a winter map did not get transferred from AH2 so they couldn't make a snow terrain.
Thanks Lunatic     <S>

Offline Owlblink

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2017, 01:30:39 PM »
Hopefully they will get to adding snow tiles down the road.
Kommando Nowotny FSO
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2017, 10:12:53 PM »
A couple of years ago in the AH2 AVA arena  there was a snow covered map and if i recall correctly many of the trees had snow on them or partial snow on them. I flew a white German bomber, cant remember if it was the Ju88 or He111 with white camo but was lot of fun flying and fighting in the pretty much, lots of white, snow map. Also what helped was the very low or 0 nme Icons which made having a camo plane actually workable on that map.  Im not the dev, im not a dev at all so I dont know why ah3 melee cant have or does not have a mostly "snow/white" map.

I won't update AvA winter maps until HTC provides us with a winter tree set.  Too much work for it to come out hokey with the wrong trees.
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2017, 04:31:34 PM »
I won't update AvA winter maps until HTC provides us with a winter tree set.  Too much work for it to come out hokey with the wrong trees.

yeah it's nice to know someone has an interest in the winter/snow terrains.
we already have gv's with the white snow skins, like I said I was in one of those winter scenario in the ava in ah2 oh man it was cool the first time I saw a new type of fire/flame. like we have now
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.