Author Topic: RPS + perks in one proposal  (Read 11436 times)

Offline puller

• Gold Member
Re: RPS + perks in one proposal
« Reply #135 on: June 04, 2017, 06:04:20 PM »
Nugetx you haven't even played this game 1 total month...Yet you act like you've played for years and are bored and want something different...

Here's a suggestion...Want AvA matchups...Make a freaking free arena with the account you don't have and play freaking AvA if not you don't know what the hell you want and are posting because ur a troll
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #136 on: June 04, 2017, 06:05:11 PM »
yes, have you ever seen a game where you start at level 80 with everything unlocked (late war plane and all planes available) and not level 1 without anything (early war plane) ?

we are not playing world of warplanes or world of tanks.  and yes we have seen many games with all planes unlocked.  aw, wardbirds...

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #137 on: June 04, 2017, 09:00:39 PM »
yes, have you ever seen a game where you start at level 80 with everything unlocked (late war plane and all planes available) and not level 1 without anything (early war plane) ?

Well as this game isn't "starting" now the new players are NOT going to start at level 80. They will start where we all did, at the bottom.

Why worry so much about new players if there will be also aces from other flight sims that can whoop your 6 ?

The only worry I have about new players is the lack of them. This game is different than other games and there will be very few that could come in here and start handing our butts to us.

more planes used = more variety = unpredictable engagements = less boredom = players interest kept for longer

Agreed, but FORCING new players into inferior planes to try and compete with skilled players will do nothing but raise the frustration levels of those players.

Maybe the current subscribers who are opposed to this idea, but this is why there are 30 players during euro time in the first place.

I highly doubt it, you dont play because you dont have a credit card. Im sure there are a lot more reason as to why we lost so many, economy, lack of advertising the list could be huge.

So exactly like you jump into a plane in a base under attack?  :rolleyes:

Happens all the time, great way to find a fight. Do I expect the newbies to do it. Im sure many will, not that they will enjoy it, but its where the dar is, and so the fight.

This is an incentive, incentive to get a better plane, it's not forcing...... are you saying that every game where you start from the opening and not from the end is forcing you to play through the whole game?  isn't this the whole point of playing a game?  To experience it as a whole and not play only 'the end' ?

In every game you start with a fresh start....... you never start at level 80,  starting with early war plane is equivalent to starting at level 1 as opposed to starting with a late war plane which can be considered 'end game'.

In other flight sims there is RPS which governs that, and you can't even use planes from different years.

There are good things in AH, but there are also things that in the long run make people go away or not try the product at all.

Sure you start "fresh" in all those games, but the rest of the player who have been there a while dont restart fresh when new guys show up. Why handycap the new players so hard? Wouldn't it make sense to make it as easy as possible for the new guys to get in and get around until they are hooked? Less frustrations, they stay longer.

Changing game play is fine, but chasing away new players would be stupid.

Offline Randall172

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #138 on: June 04, 2017, 09:41:35 PM »
A way to wipe out perks is to just raise the cost of planes, while also raising the rates at which you earn them.
T35-85 for 300 perks

also why not have factories on the map that if bombed out, lower the "year" of plane you can get.

if all 2 are up you get all planes

if 1 is down you only get upto midwar

if 2 are down you only get early
« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 09:44:24 PM by Randall172 »

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #139 on: June 04, 2017, 10:43:51 PM »

Yes.  MMORPGs that have been around for a long time and had many expansions will offer a new player the opportunity so they don't have to waste their time griinding through old content to play the new content.  WoW and Final Fantasy XIV are just two of the games that offer this, many others do as well.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #140 on: June 04, 2017, 10:49:18 PM »
A way to wipe out perks is to just raise the cost of planes, while also raising the rates at which you earn them.
T35-85 for 300 perks

Will frustrate new players that have to grind perks to get enough to take out a tank.  You're just adding a WT/WoT type of grind into the game and also would promote less fights as player will be less likely to risk his expensively perked tank to danger.

also why not have factories on the map that if bombed out, lower the "year" of plane you can get.

In AW you had Spitfire factories.  If you bombed the Spit factory to destruction you prevented one side from being able to use Spitfiire IX's for, IIRC, an hour.  You'd be able to keep one side from using Spitfire IXs longer than an hour if you bombed their supply depot and shot down the supply goons, in some cases keeping one side from upping Spitfire IXs for hours.  One time my squadron kept the Spitfire factory down for 5 hours, it was the last time we did that.  The result was that the side we did it to (Az), most of the players logged because the Spitfire IX wasn't available to them.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #141 on: June 05, 2017, 01:18:24 AM »
Nugetx you haven't even played this game 1 total month...Yet you act like you've played for years and are bored and want something different...

I inted to play it for long time once it's out on Steam..... the long time gameplay will be the same as in those 2 weeks I had. You don't have to play a game for a year to understand the concepts.

Well as this game isn't "starting" now the new players are NOT going to start at level 80. They will start where we all did, at the bottom.

and the circle repeats.......because they can take a late war plane... see where this is getting at.

This game is different than other games and there will be very few that could come in here and start handing our butts to us.

and if nothing will change, the situation will return to as it is now after time, because in the long run they will leave.

Currently this game does not cater to a ww2 flight simmer - because of fantasy maps, 3 sides and all planes fighting vs each other

Nor does it cater to a world of tanks, war thunder player - because it has no hook for them, is too realistic and what they consider 'old'.

This game is for a very narrow crowd, the ones subscribed...... and those that enjoy the type of gameplay in OMA, but as you can see there are not A LOT of those people, and the numbers have dwindled past the years..... simply saying people got bored and left.

Agreed, but FORCING new players into inferior planes to try and compete with skilled players will do nothing but raise the frustration levels of those players.

This is like this in every game, if you start  world of tanks or war thunder now, you start at level 1 and have to face higher level players, and somewhow people there play.

Sure you start "fresh" in all those games, but the rest of the player who have been there a while dont restart fresh when new guys show up. Why handycap the new players so hard?

because if AH is a game, it's a good gaming system of having players enter the game and progress through it, that's why every game in the world makes you start at level 1, or have stuff which you unlock as you progress.

If AH is a ww2 sim, then all planes can be unlocked, but its needs to be realistic to draw in the ww2 simmer crowd.

Currently it's neither one of those, it lies in the middle  of a game and a sim.

Changing game play is fine, but chasing away new players would be stupid.

It's the other way around,  the current gameplay is chasing the players away, that's why there are so low numbers in the first place !
« Last Edit: June 05, 2017, 01:25:21 AM by nugetx »

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #142 on: June 05, 2017, 01:47:10 AM »
we are not playing world of warplanes or world of tanks.  and yes we have seen many games with all planes unlocked.  aw, wardbirds...

semp
or world of warcraft for that matter.
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #143 on: June 05, 2017, 01:50:37 AM »
T35-85 for 300 perks

don't you start randall172
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #144 on: June 05, 2017, 01:52:06 AM »
T35-85 for 300 perks

this is still forcing people to fly certain planes at certain times.

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #145 on: June 05, 2017, 01:52:13 AM »
With correct gameplay changes i'm not saying the game will play better and have a bigger audience that will stay for a long time......... but it will.

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #146 on: June 05, 2017, 02:22:28 AM »
certainly not with your ideas--I can guarantee you HiTech will not use any of your ideas.

you need to quit trying to force the issue.

Hitech Creations has been here 18 years, probably longer than you were old enough to play on your computer.

yes he's having people number problems, that's why he's considering steam.
if he go's to steam and he needs to make changes he will, what he doesn't need is people like you trying to tell him what he needs to do. and by the way, if in case you haven't noticed euro time is different than American prime time, and you can't expect players in our time zone to stay up 24/7 to accommodate euro players--don't get me wrong I feel bad that when the euro players log on in their prime time that there is not many players on here when they log in, to see only 30 players playing, usually 1 country rolling undefended bases.
you really need to stop trying to convince us you  ideas are better and will work because they aren't and they won't.

there are 10 pages here of you tripe and that is 10 pages too long. there are people here that have played this type of game/sim for 20 years, and I will trust their judgement long before I would ever ever trust yours. these people are my friends you and aaik are not. so beat it bub. either join us and play the game we love as is or don't. it's solely up to you.

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #147 on: June 05, 2017, 02:39:34 AM »
certainly not with your ideas--I can guarantee you HiTech will not use any of your ideas.
Great ! Old subscribers made plenty of other good ideas, i'm sure he will use one of them, as they have more knowledge than me about the game.

you really need to stop trying to convince us you  ideas are better and will work because they aren't and they won't.

How are those my ideas?  Perks are already in the game, RPS was created by Hitech,,,, it's everything that people know already, just combined together to create a different approach to the dynamism of the gameplay.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2017, 03:34:29 AM by nugetx »

Offline Randall172

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #148 on: June 05, 2017, 10:08:34 AM »
don't you start randall172

ive got some radical ideas that have worked in other games

-(no more troops just capture points (only tanks can cap).
-more vehicle bases in proximity (no more teleporting and more of a visible front line).
-sortie limits on fields that can be exceeded with resupply

basically less of a reliance on planes, and more of a gv war with planes supporting.
less static targets, more CAS.

runners give up local superiority, bomb and bailers now have to look for targets.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2017, 10:11:58 AM by Randall172 »

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #149 on: June 05, 2017, 12:05:37 PM »
ive got some radical ideas that have worked in other games

-(no more troops just capture points (only tanks can cap).
-more vehicle bases in proximity (no more teleporting and more of a visible front line).
-sortie limits on fields that can be exceeded with resupply

basically less of a reliance on planes, and more of a gv war with planes supporting.
less static targets, more CAS.

runners give up local superiority, bomb and bailers now have to look for targets.

No!  Just No!

Less of a reliance on planes?  NO!
Wag more, bark less.