Author Topic: 'What if' All-in-one - the ultimate WW2 AH experience  (Read 13263 times)

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: 'What if' All-in-one - the ultimate WW2 AH experience
« Reply #45 on: June 24, 2017, 06:44:26 AM »
WW2ol  is different, because it has player infantry and the game is unbalanced and not fun because what chance a player has vs a tank or a plane as a soldier,  plus a massive map is not good to play as a soldier, I don't like it either and don't play it.

Aces High would have only AI infantry, this allows to have big number of soldiers (like in the picture in 1st post) so the players can strafe them, and strafing a big number of AI soldiers would be fun for plane pilots and GV drivers also could shoot them with MG's.

That's why my previous comparison that Battlefield and Call of duty are different games, they both are shooters, but the gameplay differs and they both do the same in different way.

If HTC is looking for inspiration, Wings of Fury and Wings is the place to look them for.

(Image removed from quote.)

(Image removed from quote.)

Does this look fun?   It's even more fun than it looks....... now imagine this would be in Aces High !

Nope, not at all. What is fun about shooting AI? I play this game because I get to fight against other real people from all over the world. I get bored if all there is going on is the horde attacking. Drop my bombs and circle hoping to get a defender coming in. Borrrrriiinnnnggggg.

Why would you think AI would be fun to fight against? Eventually you'd get use to their moves and be able to anticipate them making it even less challenging. The best part of this game is you have to be ready for anything because you never really know what the other guy is going to do.

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #46 on: June 24, 2017, 08:14:51 AM »

Nope, not at all. What is fun about shooting AI?

Lol,  what is fun about shooting AI acks? or attacking AI field? or AI factory? or other AI ground targets which are in the game currently?

I get bored if all there is going on is the horde attacking.

No, everything will be the same plus those extra options like GI's, trucks, trains.

Drop my bombs and circle hoping to get a defender coming in. Borrrrriiinnnnggggg.

So just like you would drop bombs on a field currently ?

Why would you think AI would be fun to fight against? Eventually you'd get use to their moves and be able to anticipate them making it even less challenging.

Again, you constantly fight vs AI when you attack a field or other ground targets which are not player controlled.

If you go back to my 1st post, and see that the idea is to tie the infantry with a 'front line' mechanic which purpose is to give additional depth to the gameplay.
Some players would be going to kill the infantry, to move the 'front line' to be winning the war, while you could intercept them.
No one tells you that you must attack the infantry, but -in general- it gives more depth to the gameplay by giving players more ground targets to attack.
If no one would attack the infantry, it would be there shooting each other, or doing nothing waiting by the tent.
It's not about 'anticipating their moves' because there is nothing to anticipate if you attack trucks or trains or strafe infantry, it's about expanding the depth of gameplay by having more targets and tie it with supply system which would fuel the infantry.
AI Infantry would be doing the ground war which would be pretty static if not attacked, players would affect this by their actions by attacking trucks, trains and infantry itself,when you attack AI acks you don't anticipate anything other than getting a bullet in your wing.

And if there was the  ww2 rps + perks, you could just go strafe infantry with the early war plane (spit 1)  to get enough points for a 'better' plane as one of the possible options of play.

People debate whether big or small map is better, with FOB this problem is fixed, because the map can be very big and by having the FOB deployment zone (like on 1st page)  which would follow the front line, players could create spawn points close to action,  because where the infantry is and front line there would be the most action.  So those that want fast action, can have one,  those that want to up from long away and attack a field behind front lines opening a new front, can do that also.

All those ideas tie together to have a richer and more in-depth gameplay which IMO makes the game more fun to play AND caters to a wider range of players.

The only change from current gameplay would be that players could not fly a late war plane instantly (but if it was 1945 by RPS they could).
« Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 10:00:39 AM by nugetx »

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #47 on: June 24, 2017, 10:09:23 AM »
Lol,  what is fun about shooting AI acks? or attacking AI field? or AI factory? or other AI ground targets which are in the game currently?

exactly, that is my point. All of that is boring.

No, everything will be the same plus those extra options like GI's, trucks, trains.

Oh goodie! more things to shoot at that dont maneuver or in most cases shoot back.

So just like you would drop bombs on a field currently ?

The only reason I drop on towns or field currently is to stir up some action. Which as it stands rarely does, so why add more things to bomb that wont stir up more action.

Again, you constantly fight vs AI when you attack a field or other ground targets which are not player controlled.

See above.

If you go back to my 1st post, and see that the idea is to tie the infantry with a 'front line' mechanic which purpose is to give additional depth to the gameplay.
Some players would be going to kill the infantry, to move the 'front line' to be winning the war, while you could intercept them.
No one tells you that you must attack the infantry, but -in general- it gives more depth to the gameplay by giving players more ground targets to attack.
If no one would attack the infantry, it would be there shooting each other, or doing nothing waiting by the tent.
It's not about 'anticipating their moves' because there is nothing to anticipate if you attack trucks or trains or strafe infantry, it's about expanding the depth of gameplay by having more targets and tie it with supply system which would fuel the infantry.
AI Infantry would be doing the ground war which would be pretty static if not attacked, players would affect this by their actions by attacking trucks, trains and infantry itself,when you attack AI acks you don't anticipate anything other than getting a bullet in your wing.

And if there was the  ww2 rps + perks, you could just go strafe infantry with the early war plane (spit 1)  to get enough points for a 'better' plane as one of the possible options of play.

People debate whether big or small map is better, with FOB this problem is fixed, because the map can be very big and by having the FOB deployment zone (like on 1st page)  which would follow the front line, players could create spawn points close to action,  because where the infantry is and front line there would be the most action.  So those that want fast action, can have one,  those that want to up from long away and attack a field behind front lines opening a new front, can do that also.

All those ideas tie together to have a richer and more in-depth gameplay which IMO makes the game more fun to play AND caters to a wider range of players.

The only change from current gameplay would be that players could not fly a late war plane instantly (but if it was 1945 by RPS they could).

You seem to be looking to add more and more things that replace player interaction and add a "grinding" type element to a game that was built around combat to advance your teams position. As you add more of these grinding/waste of time/avoid combat elements all your doing is removing the action of fighting against other players which in my opinion is the biggest draw of this game.

Look at the new videos that are coming out. The tag line is "Do you think you can become an Ace!" Against AI, piece of cake, against another 5 other players.... maybe not.

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #48 on: June 24, 2017, 10:19:24 AM »
Oh goodie! more things to shoot at that dont maneuver or in most cases shoot back.

Trains can have ack nests on them, convoys also trucks with mgs, infantry will shoot at you back.

The only reason I drop on towns or field currently is to stir up some action. Which as it stands rarely does, so why add more things to bomb that wont stir up more action.

So you would do the same here

You seem to be looking to add more and more things that replace player interaction
Actualy it's the opposite..... by having infantry in the middle, which players need to attack to move the front line, it draws every player into the center of the fighting.

and add a "grinding" type element to a game that was built around combat to advance your teams position

It's not grinding, it's a way to shift the balance of planes used, so early war and mid war planes are also used.

Look at the new videos that are coming out. The tag line is "Do you think you can become an Ace!" Against AI, piece of cake, against another 5 other players.... maybe not.

but you can do that now, you can go kill all the ground targets to have points for 262 or 163.

advance your teams position

This is the epitome of this idea.

There is the front ---> kill number of troops ---> advance further---> kill troops again---> advance further step by step untill you arrive at next airfield, take airfield and advance further.

exactly, that is my point. All of that is boring.
Then maybe you are just bored in general?

What you are arguing about is basicaly everything what is in the game currently.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 10:47:38 AM by nugetx »

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #49 on: June 24, 2017, 11:20:15 AM »
Then maybe you are just bored in general?

Shooting at ack guns is tedious. Once practiced you can kill them with anything, bombs rockets, cannons, and guns.

We already have a front line that moves, capture a base and the line moves.

Grinding for perks to move up from crap planes is a World of planes thing, maybe you should check them out.

As for being bored..... I have been here since tour 21 paying my $15 every month not because Im bored, but because I enjoy the combat that happens. Once you join us in the air you should try the fighting aspect of the game. It never gets tiring fighting other players like it does bombing buildings, shooting guns and now you want infantry.

It isn't going to work, nor do I think it is ever going to happen.

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #50 on: June 24, 2017, 11:25:36 AM »
Shooting at ack guns is tedious. Once practiced you can kill them with anything, bombs rockets, cannons, and guns.
You find it tedious, I would do nothing else but shoot acks if there was a fighter plane with 30 rockets.

Just because you like one type of game play - pvp aspect, doesn't mean others do not like something else.

With this idea it pleases everyone,  because the PvE players would come after soft targets (inf,train,trucks), and players like you, after them.

Grinding for perks to move up from crap planes is a World of planes thing, maybe you should check them out.

Then why it is in Aces High?

http://www.hitechcreations.com/features/perk-points

It's not like i'm saying anything new here
« Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 11:33:41 AM by nugetx »

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #51 on: June 24, 2017, 11:57:47 AM »
You find it tedious, I would do nothing else but shoot acks if there was a fighter plane with 30 rockets.

Just because you like one type of game play - pvp aspect, doesn't mean others do not like something else.

With this idea it pleases everyone,  because the PvE players would come after soft targets (inf,train,trucks), and players like you, after them.

Maybe you should save your self some money and buy one of the box games and play it on your Xbox. This game isnt about hiding from other players and shooting nothing but acks as you said.

Then why it is in Aces High?

http://www.hitechcreations.com/features/perk-points

It's not like i'm saying anything new here

Its called Aces High because the main premise of the game is to use WWII type equipment to battle it out against other live players 24/7 in the air (tho they did add tanks later). Perks are game considerations to keep some of the more "uber" type planes available, but also keeping the game from becoming ME262 High. The buildings, strats, fields and all associated with them are there to generate spots for combat.  Adding your AI will spread that action out and become nothing more than "avoidance". 

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #52 on: June 24, 2017, 11:59:43 AM »
By your logic the game would have nothing else but player planes and runway and they would only dogfight.

But HTC has created all that AI background and ground vehicles...... meaning it is not the case.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #53 on: June 24, 2017, 12:03:39 PM »
By your logic the game would have nothing else but player planes and runway and they would only dogfight.

But HTC has created all that AI background and ground vehicles...... meaning it is not the case.

HTC has created enough of a background to promote action. Adding AI or grinding for perks isn't going to improve that at all, just be another "thing" in the background.

I would rather see this small team continue to work on updating the art work for the old plane/vehicles and get some sort of advertising. Those things will help the game more than anything you have suggested thus far.

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #54 on: June 24, 2017, 12:23:07 PM »
I would rather see this small team continue to work on updating the art work for the old plane/vehicles and get some sort of advertising.

Aren't these the things that have been done already?

Graphics are important, but a plane model will not change player numbers.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 12:27:31 PM by nugetx »

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #55 on: June 24, 2017, 12:36:54 PM »
Aren't these the things that have been done already?

There are still a number of planes and vehicles that have not been updated to the new AH3 standard.

Advertising, and steam is one of the possibilities, would bring in the people. There is nothing wrong with the game other than low numbers. Adding more numbers will give everyone more players that like to play the game the same way as they do whether that be bombing strats or supply trains (when they bring them back), fighting in vehicles, dogfighting, or win the war by capturing bases. More players means more action, means more options.

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #56 on: June 24, 2017, 12:40:20 PM »
More players means more action, means more options.

And this idea is more options, so more options means more action and more players...... you said it yourself

So steam + something like this is the best bet

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #57 on: June 24, 2017, 01:20:52 PM »

Nor will your idea. 
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #58 on: June 24, 2017, 02:49:40 PM »
Nor will your idea.

Aces High can continue on the current path or it can try something new.

First was Air Warrior, then Warbirds now Aces High.... every game was an evolution of the previous one, why not evolve it further.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #59 on: June 24, 2017, 03:15:38 PM »
Nuget any chance you can let this rest? They will not agree with you which I suspect you knew early on. You have been vindicated for how the forum responded to you by Skuzzy. You have presented your ideas and now are recycling them, and even Hitech responded to some of your presentation earlier. There is no longer a point to the conversation in a polite sense. 
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.