Author Topic: VR tweaks for next patch  (Read 886 times)

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
VR tweaks for next patch
« on: June 16, 2017, 10:55:06 AM »
 - The VOX players list window box - I can't seem to make it stick if I move it down. It keeps going high right the moment I close the channel radio bar.
 - Chat/radio bar - if I exit game and come back in, it appears far down low again in it's original spot. Can't make it stick.
 - in the hangar, the clipboard gets awkwardly in front of your face, and worse on a CV
 - for 20mm and 40mm AAA guns - recommend transparency for the gunsights or move the view position farther back. They are right up in your face in VR and hard to see beyond them.
 - Field howitzer...view is the same issue. Makes me go cross-eyed. :O

All other systems are working buueeetifullly- and now bullet impact flashes are working again! :x

:salute
« Last Edit: June 16, 2017, 11:02:20 AM by Mister Fork »
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
Re: VR tweaks for next patch
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2017, 11:25:23 AM »
+1 to what fork said.

windows not sticking makes it even harder to do text with VR, always have to reposition the window before typing anything out.
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2017, 02:07:02 PM »
I guess I have not had the problem of moving text areas but I keep the text buffer low anyway.

For guns add the 50cal on GVs for being too close.

Add the CV hanger clipboard as being too close.

The mouse dot only works some of the time when resizing, scrolling and clipboard size and zoom function.  When it does work it is not easy to use especially in resizing and scrolling.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2017, 11:50:39 PM »
+1 and I concur :D
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2017, 11:20:55 AM »
- The VOX players list window box - I can't seem to make it stick if I move it down. It keeps going high right the moment I close the channel radio bar.
 - Chat/radio bar - if I exit game and come back in, it appears far down low again in it's original spot. Can't make it stick.
 :salute

I can not seem to duplicate this? Please move them to where you want them and where they do not stay. Exit game before reopening the windows and post the files.

Settings/VR_roomrect.cfg and settings/VR_radio.cfg

These are simple short text files.

HiTech
HiTech

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2017, 12:45:41 PM »
i verified the issue still existed really quick.

then went ahead and moved the windows to where i wanted sent myself a text and then exited without reopening it to get the two files you wanted.

neither of them exist on my machine in the settings folder so i created them from scratch and left them blank.

Went back into the game and when i went to use radio i noticed the radio bar was now on the ceiling instead of really low where it used to be. The chatlist was still in the upper right . 

I dragged both to usable positions, sent myself a text to close and then verified they still did not stick, even with the new config files created.

repositioned them, sent myself another text to close them, exited the game and here are the files.
They are empty though...I hope that info helps.
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2017, 04:16:56 PM »
i verified the issue still existed really quick.

then went ahead and moved the windows to where i wanted sent myself a text and then exited without reopening it to get the two files you wanted.

neither of them exist on my machine in the settings folder so i created them from scratch and left them blank.

Went back into the game and when i went to use radio i noticed the radio bar was now on the ceiling instead of really low where it used to be. The chatlist was still in the upper right . 

I dragged both to usable positions, sent myself a text to close and then verified they still did not stick, even with the new config files created.

repositioned them, sent myself another text to close them, exited the game and here are the files.
They are empty though...I hope that info helps.

Thanks for the feed back, appears to be an issue only with the version launched from Oculus.  Some how the settings folder is read only.

HiTech

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2017, 04:47:05 PM »
Found the issue, fixed for the next patch.

HiTech

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2017, 04:53:35 PM »
sweet!  :cheers:

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2017, 01:31:53 PM »
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech