Author Topic: How does ENY work?  (Read 1383 times)

Offline Hungry

• Nickel Member
Re: How does ENY work?
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2017, 01:42:49 PM »
Sorry sir - but I disagree. What we are talking about is obviously an issue that many have expressed concern with and trying to come up with creative thoughts / suggestions of how to improve and make the game better for everyone. if you think that they've found the "best" solution then there would never be another update for the game and it would become stale over time. And yes - you pay your $15 a month just like I do - so we all have a vested interest here.

Cheers,
Elec1

Well said Sir <S>
"I would gladly pay you Tuesday for a Hamburger today"

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2017, 02:41:34 PM »
Sorry sir - but I disagree. What we are talking about is obviously an issue that many have expressed concern with and trying to come up with creative thoughts / suggestions of how to improve and make the game better for everyone. if you think that they've found the "best" solution then there would never be another update for the game and it would become stale over time. And yes - you pay your $15 a month just like I do - so we all have a vested interest here.

Cheers,
Elec1

Name one creative thought in this thread please. Because ideas posted has been posted many times in the last 10 years.

HiTech

Offline Electroman

• Copper Member
« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2017, 04:10:35 PM »
Name one creative thought in this thread please. Because ideas posted has been posted many times in the last 10 years.

HiTech

So - is that the definitive answer for ENY is fine as it is and there will never be an improvement? Out of curiosity has any of these "suggestions" ever been implemented / tried/ tested?

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2017, 04:23:34 PM »
Well sounds like you've never been on a cross map 2 hour+ B29 run then with full fuel. There are a few of us diehard bomber pilots that actually do that and we do go AFK for period during those long climb outs. This is why I said 2 hours. It's the guys that sit in the tower or GV / Manned gun, etc overnight or on a regular basis trying to collect perk points that we're trying to avoid and causing the ENY to be out of whack.

When you get down to it, the folks just spawning and sitting there are not much different that hardcore buff pilots.

Long time doing nothing to help your side.

Hmmmmmm maybe we should just not worry about those that sit and do nothing for a long time.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Hungry

• Nickel Member
« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2017, 04:27:53 PM »
Leave the Buff pilots alone (while in the air, disconnect the tower sitters after 15 minutes, done, next?
"I would gladly pay you Tuesday for a Hamburger today"

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2017, 04:37:56 PM »
So - is that the definitive answer for ENY is fine as it is and there will never be an improvement? Out of curiosity has any of these "suggestions" ever been implemented / tried/ tested?
That would be an absolute YES to ENY is fine, and If Hitech says so, it's so.
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2017, 04:54:54 PM »

The ones in this thread, no they have not and will not be tried.

Other suggestion in the past were tried and implemented.

BTW the entire ENY is a player suggestion.

HiTech

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2017, 05:08:52 PM »

Other suggestion in the past were tried and implemented.

BTW the entire ENY is a player suggestion.

HiTech

I'm all good. Just being the "Devils Advocate".    :devil

I'm thinking of installing a boot polisher on my foot pedals. Can get my boots up to a bright shine while fighting these BBS Warriors.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Electroman

• Copper Member
« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2017, 06:45:27 PM »

And...there we have the official word.

It would be nice however to know "why" (other than because I said so) rather than just a simple no will not be tried. If there is good reason / justification I'm happy to accept that but a simple no and move on leaves one to wonder.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2017, 06:55:42 PM »

It would be nice however to know "why" (other than because I said so) rather than just a simple no will not be tried. If there is good reason / justification I'm happy to accept that but a simple no and move on leaves one to wonder.

Search it's been answered at least 2 times that I remember.

HiTech

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: June 21, 2017, 07:23:55 PM »
It really is a numbers game... hopefully steam will pick them up...I have noticed an increase in my time zone... and it was very needed and welcomed for this time slot....Personally the only thing about ENY that bothers me is that it causes the fighting (Aerial) to diminish some days... This has drawn me to GV's and it is ok but not my fun really.... But that is the thing...It is my fun only....
Collectively sure there may be a lot of guys who think my way....but there are plenty of others that don't also...
I see WT bandied about often...quite a difference...there you play in a small box and it is quite rigid...basic FM as a coverall..once the fighting is done it done....here (AH) is almost a living breathing entity... constant ebb and flow over a large space and time in comparison IMO the only thing comparable is the fact they both have player controlled planes and vehicles...Oh and you can shoot people legally.

Unfortunately till then I feel the equation used to calculate ENY requirements needs to be tweaked for under a certain number I feel..it seems to have a dynamic scale associated with it (between countries) but the percentages on numbers (overall) needs a tweak it seems to be quite set at present....I just have no idea if this is possible...should be in my mind as I can do it in an excel sheet but this is not a live running system ...I do not know computer lingo so as you can tell by my thinking and use of an excel sheet to think it can be done easily hahahaha

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #41 on: June 21, 2017, 07:32:23 PM »

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,362537.msg4823819.html#msg4823819

Offline Owlblink

• Nickel Member
« Reply #42 on: June 21, 2017, 10:53:38 PM »

HiTech

Okay, this is a two-parter, first is a legitimate question and second is dependent on the mechanic of the first.

There is an in-game function for going AFK that turns a players name red on a vox channel by checking an afk box. HOWEVER, is there currently a function that checks the inactivity status of a player?

If there were a system in place to auto set AFK status based on a delay from the last detected command input from the user (keystroke, axis variable change &etc.), say after 30 mins just for an example, one could build another if/then protocal for ignoring the red afk players in the count of players that are contributing to high ENY.

Why? Sometimes players get destracted by real life or have to walk away from their computers for a while and either forget about the game running or can't get back to end the application. Most people do not remember or do not bother to click the AFK box so a check within the game auto sets afk. These honost players would then not be included within an ENY check that would also be set on a reasonable timer. Any time the server recieves an input from the client their AFK status would be turned off.

But, BUT… people could set up a macro or just push a button ever so often on their afk/shade account to set their status as active so they are counted towards ENY. Yes… Yes that will happen, however the players who are not going afk in towers or on long flights for such reasons would at least then not contribute to "the problem."

Not sure how original an idea this is but did want to throw it out there.
I have friends on Knits/Rooks and do not mind *gasp* side switching to play with them or balance ENY. That and there are a lot of awesome birds to fly!
Kommando Nowotny FSO
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #43 on: June 21, 2017, 11:47:58 PM »
I find it amusing that even after Hitech says what he said, it still continues. Amazing....
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"

Offline Electroman

• Copper Member
« Reply #44 on: June 22, 2017, 11:13:11 AM »
I find it amusing that even after Hitech says what he said, it still continues. Amazing....

I've read through the response from HiTech through the old thread. The way I read it is essentially what has been mentioned here has been discussed previously and that the underlying response is essentially someone will always find a way around the system. Therefore what is in place today is "working" so to speak and no other changes will be made.

Personally, that is disheartening...but I understand if you are going to put the time and effort into making a significant change it should make sense and produce the desired results.

Cheers,
Elec1