Author Topic: Longer planning times for CiCs  (Read 547 times)

Offline RedBeard

• Copper Member
Longer planning times for CiCs
« on: June 12, 2017, 10:34:32 AM »
Would it be possible to have longer planning times for CiCs?  A case in point is when I was CiC a while back, I had orders out Wed, responses / requests for change on Thu, and trying to get all that sorted out by Friday was very difficult.

I understand that I could try to have the orders out earlier (perhaps by Tuesday or sometimes Monday if I'm REALLY on the ball), but I was thinking more about an additional week.

What I'm not sure about is how much Frame 2 depends on Frame 1 results.  Do the CMs need to wait for the results before sending out the objectives for the next frame?  If so, then I just need to be faster in creating the orders to allow for responses and updates.  If not, then we could start planning frame 2 and 3 before frame 1 is done if we know the objectives for those frames.

Offline SlipKnt

• Gold Member
Re: Longer planning times for CiCs
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2017, 10:42:30 AM »
Personally I never care about the previous week's scores.  So I plan my missions, as a CiC, the way I want it run. 

It is always my intent to ensure everyone has fun and everyone gets into the action.

Wednesday is the requirement. 

Personally, as long as I have the objectives and I know I am assigned CiC, I already have half of my plan drawn up.  I prefer to have my orders out by Sunday evening when possible to allow squads to communicate & plan.

It doesn't always happen but as a CiC all you can do is get the orders out and hope they are followed.  I never really care about score until the attacks begin.  LOL

Hope that helps.
DCS:
SlipKnoT
vCSG-3, VMA-513 Flying Nightmares (AV8B)

Offline MachNix

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2017, 11:14:09 AM »
In the past I have thought that having the objectives for all the frames sent out at the same time so later CiCs could have more time was a good idea.  But what I had found to do when pulling CiC duty for later frames was to use the objectives for the first frame as a model.  Usually, before mid-frame "tweaks" were being done by CMs, the number of targets to attack and defend where constant.  I would build the number of strike packages needed based on the previous frame, and wait for the objectives to assign actual targets to packages.  Then, if I have time, come up with suggested routs and strategies in case the squads within the packages don't want to come up with their own.

But if "tweaks" are needed mid-frame, I prefer the tweak instead of going on with an out of balanced FSO even if it means I have to redo the orders.

:cheers:

Offline Squire

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2017, 01:26:24 AM »
Yes it's a case of having more planning time or more time for the CM to make needed adjustments. Not enough days in the week sometimes.
Warloc
Friday Squad Ops CM Team
1841 Squadron Fleet Air Arm
Aces High since Tour 24