Author Topic: Changing Colours (or Colors) on the display  (Read 516 times)

Offline Threeup

• Copper Member
Changing Colours (or Colors) on the display
« on: June 29, 2017, 08:22:01 PM »
I like the new addition of the speed and alt display in the top corner. I concede it's not realistic, but heck I'm in my pyjamas with a cup of coffee pretending to be Biggles so realism is definitely in the back seat. I don't even think it's in the car!!

The only thing is I cannot work out if the colour (OK Yanks color) is able to be changed. As the default is white it gets lost in any cloud. I have to turn my virtual head to have a blue sky background, The preferable outcome would be that lovely hi-vis green like the damage and how well the computer is processing everything.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
The Mighty Raw Prawns

"It's all good fun until someone loses an eye" Rooster Cogburn

http://youtu.be/pxM8XB61ZvU

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
Re: Changing Colours (or Colors) on the display
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2017, 08:45:41 PM »
There currently is not a way to change the color of the font. However, you can move it to a better location if that makes it easier. Mine sits at the bottom and the very center of my screen, so when i look around, its always easily visible.

If you want to change its location, go into flight, then pull up your clipboard and go into options>preferences>GUI (I think that's the location, I'm not in front of my desktop) and then you can drag everything on the screen to where you want it.
AH Supporter Since Tour 35

Offline 8thJinx

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2017, 09:11:09 PM »
The command to toggle the speed/alt text to black or white is under Map Keys/Global/Sight Mode Toggle.  I have mine mapped to Shift-F4.  I don't believe there is any current option to provide different colors.   

To move the text box around, bring up the clipboard, and simply drag and drop using the mouse pointer and left mouse button.

B-24H Liberator SN 294837-T, "The Jinx", 848th BS, 490th BG, 8th AF, RAF Station Eye, delivered 1943.  Piloted by Lt. Thomas Keyes, named by by his crew, and adorned with bad luck symbols, the aircraft survived the entire war.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2017, 02:40:53 AM »
Yep,thats all you can do,other than change the brightness :neener: Didnt talk about that one :x
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Mato

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2017, 09:11:47 AM »
Posted by: 8thJinx  ...  I have mine mapped to Shift-F4.  ...

Shift-F4 is the default to toggle between white and dark.
I discovered it by accident.
It's a blessing in the clouds or other bright situations.

Offline Threeup

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2017, 10:56:48 PM »
I've done as suggested. Thanks for the assistance - much obliged - keep well.
The Mighty Raw Prawns

"It's all good fun until someone loses an eye" Rooster Cogburn

http://youtu.be/pxM8XB61ZvU