Author Topic: I WISH I COULD PAY A PERK OR TWO TO GET TRANSPORTED OVER ENEMY BASE  (Read 1222 times)

Offline BBP

• Copper Member
Re: I WISH I COULD PAY A PERK OR TWO TO GET TRANSPORTED OVER ENEMY BASE
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2017, 11:00:26 AM »

if you haven't figured out how to fly a plane and fight in it by take off time, may I suggest the WW1 arena for you?

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2017, 01:37:22 PM »
lol- you guys and your dueling arena. I want to save time not waste it.

I do not believe you will get your wish for the Melee' arena. I, for one, would be very disgruntled if my bomb group came under attack from fighter planes that just "beamed" in from orbit.

Yes. The dueling arena. If you dislike these options some of these long time players and trainers present to you, "well..... bye".
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline BBP

• Copper Member
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2017, 02:43:51 PM »
Yes I can see its a futile effort. But now I know why so many want small maps!

Offline Zener

• Copper Member
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2017, 04:02:17 PM »
Part of the fun of this game is the ever-changing dynamic that happens minute-to-minute.  I can't count how many times I've headed for a target or AF with the right ord and the right plan only to have it go all to hell halfway there.  Some light bombs for ord and a few rockets to deack town suddenly turns into a desperate "all ords on the VH" call.  Maybe I'm alone in this but part of the fun for me is the challenge of figuring out on the fly "now how am I going to do THAT?"  Oh sure, there I times I very much don't like my plan swept out from under me, but if it never did, this would be little more than an arcade style game where every required result only requires one specific action, never changing.

I wouldn't want that.  And as for spawns, I'd rather have a "back to base" spawn than an "out in space" spawn.

Offline EagleDNY

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2017, 07:19:44 PM »
Air Launch for perks from the large unconquerable bases??  I'd take it for buff raids for sure. 

Offline RedBeard

• Copper Member
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2017, 04:19:50 PM »
I'm not sure why you would want to take a simulator and turn it into an arcade game. If you want turn based instant action then try War Thunder. Climbs, cruise, descents, and landings are all part of a mission and you have a chance at failing any phase if you don't plane and execute correctly.

Lastly it would not be fair to the opposition for you to instantly teleport on top of them. It would be an easily abused mechanic.

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2017, 07:47:48 PM »
Also..when would you get the chance to yabbayabba on 200
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."