Author Topic: Satatic Factory Buildings in Melee Arena added in.  (Read 585 times)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Satatic Factory Buildings in Melee Arena added in.
« on: July 01, 2017, 03:39:52 PM »
Can I use the standard list of objects from the terrain editor object tab to place a few factory buildings down into the center of my tank furball arena? And if I uncheck can collide, will they act as static undestroyable objects no matter what field object I have to give ownership to?

If this is an acceptable process for a Melee arena terrain, what is the safe number of objects for FPS issues I can place in a 2x2 area?
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Re: Satatic Factory Buildings in Melee Arena added in.
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2017, 09:47:56 AM »
Can collide means can anything collide with it, I.E. with out that checked bullets vehicles and planes can fly right threw the object.

What your asking about is how to make something that can not be destroyed. That is done by settings its object type.

I believe Barrier is the object type that can not be destroyed. You can use the individual objects on a very limited bases. I.E. if you try to use more the a few in one area, you will very quickly overload the system.

HiTech

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Re: Satatic Factory Buildings in Melee Arena added in.
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2017, 06:19:42 PM »
My apology, I went with the Waffle TT object thinking I would probably do more harm than good otherwise. Thank you for responding.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.