Author Topic: hard to see planes`  (Read 888 times)

Offline flippz

• Nickel Member
hard to see planes`
« on: July 12, 2017, 05:06:38 PM »
not sure if this is the right spot.
I am having a hard time seeing planes against the ground.  tried different settings on graphics and gamma and it does not seem to help.  I have what I think is a nice monitor, but thinking of getting a better one that has the 144 fps availability.  I have tried reading up on the monitors but a lot of that is greek.

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
Re: hard to see planes`
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2017, 05:10:29 PM »
Whats your FOV?
''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2017, 02:39:33 AM »
Another possibility. Do you have an NVIDIA graphics card? If so, do you use HDMI connection? Bustr showed me something about this. Seems with some Card and connection methods along with monitor types, show monitor as standard high def TV. If so, you are only getting limited colors in stead of FULL colors. That fix helped my visual quality immensely! There was a post about this somewhere. Cant remember if under HELP page or Tech page, shoot it could have been on VR or General. :headscratch: It is out there though  :cheers:
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2017, 02:57:54 AM »
There's many variables that affect seeing objects. Here's what some of them do, hopefully in a language you can understand:

• Resolution: The amount of dots on the screen. The more dots on a certain area, the smaller they have to be.
  • Monitor size: Logically, the smaller the screen, the smaller the dots have to be if the resolution is the same. Based on this and the above, on a 15" laptop screen featuring 3200x1800 pixels the image would be crisp as a postcard but seeing a single dot would be impossible.
  • FOV, Field Of View, determines the area you see on your screen. A small FOV value can be compared to the center gaze area of the human eye i.e. the area you're focusing at, whereas a large FOV adds peripheral vision with the cost of lost details.
  • Anti-Aliasing: Basically it blurs angled edges by mixing the colour of the object with the background. Thus it makes low resolution images look more natural by smoothing sawtooth lines. At tight resolutions the effect is not as significant since the single dots in a line are too small to see. At the worst Anti-Aliasing a very tight resolution will cause a single dot to be blurred into the background in its full entirety.
Hope this helps.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2017, 04:32:18 AM »
YEp! Forgot about that one, Anti aliasing. I turned that off in game and it did help some, especially after adjusting my colors in Nvidia
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline flippz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2017, 08:40:29 AM »
I do have NVidia systems at the office and the house.  the fov at the office is 100 and the one at home is 105.  to the best of my knowledge the AA is off on both systems.  I have the resolution on both units set as high as they will allow. 
I am having a problem seeing the planes against the ground from 400-200 behind them.  I literally wind up shooting for the nme icon.  and its on both systems.  the one at the office is a asus ROG laptop and the one at the house is a built rig with a 27 inch monitor.  from dusk to night to dawn I got to either go to 15k fights or run m3s as fighting a plane for me in those darker environments are pointless.  I have changed gamma during these times with no avail.   others I have asked in the game say they have no issues with this but for its quite troubling as my aim is bad all ready but when on the deck and I cant see the nme its a turkey shoot until I see sprites.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2017, 08:50:14 AM »
As for the AA, you can enable it two ways: Either in the Nvidia Control Panel or in the game video settings. Check both.

Another thing to adjust is the monitor. Agreed, the buttons are usually hidden seemingly illogically in the frame, but once you find them it should be quite straightforward. Many monitors have presets which makes it easy to determine if that is your way to go.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 08:53:19 AM by Bizman »
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni