Author Topic: So....  (Read 2224 times)

Offline RedBeard

• Copper Member
Re: So....
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2017, 05:31:52 PM »
We need to have a bloopers moment of FSO.   Just like the other night with friendly collision on the runway.  :rofl

Ask and ye shall receive...

Offline snakeplissken

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2017, 06:52:20 PM »
You have no idea how much I appreciate those private messages.  When we are setup we are at a quite field away from the action (Some Setups actually stay Rook).  So I am looking at the clipboard.  The only way I know what is happening to you guys is with your PMs.  Big <S>.
The Unforgiven motto: Quid posset ire iniuriam

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2017, 07:43:52 PM »
Guys, I think there is a problem with the arena.  We all know missions won't work.  When I got the call I switched the arena settings for collisions.  I then got a call that didn't work so I switched back and everyone was able to take off.  Also, in my defense Mystic2 was setup.  As a courtesy, CM's will come into the arena and look over settings.  As I was doing that, Mystic discoed, then he discoed, then he discoed and couldn't get back in...So, I inherited Setup about 15 minutes before launch. Sorry about the hiccup but it was me or nothing running the event.

dude, sh....stuff happens. when fixing it on the fly by yourself, pressure builds up. no one is blaming you guys.  it happens. god knows I've had to panic fix stuff in the AVA more then once!!! Job well done, glitches and all!! <S>

Offline snakeplissken

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2017, 10:03:51 PM »
You are right.  Maybe that did read a little defensive.  What I really want to say is Thank You FSO Squads and players! That is the stressful times, when something is broken.  Still, the private messages when a glitch happens helps us tremendously.  :cheers: 

Offline Rodent57

• AH Training Corps
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2017, 12:55:28 PM »
Guys, I think there is a problem with the arena.  We all know missions won't work.  When I got the call I switched the arena settings for collisions.  I then got a call that didn't work so I switched back and everyone was able to take off.  Also, in my defense Mystic2 was setup.  As a courtesy, CM's will come into the arena and look over settings.  As I was doing that, Mystic discoed, then he discoed, then he discoed and couldn't get back in...So, I inherited Setup about 15 minutes before launch. Sorry about the hiccup but it was me or nothing running the event.

Plissken,

Your work was/is most appreciated!   We had some folks that were also having disco issues just prior to start...the hiccup didn't really surprise us.

Carry  on!

- Rodent57

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new
Setting an example is not the main means of influencing others; it is the only means
-AE

Offline TWCAxew

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2017, 05:36:36 PM »
I laughed so hard when this happend  :cheers:

DutchVII
« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 05:38:12 PM by TWCAxew »
DutchVII / ULDutch
~~2019 KOTH/TOC Champion~~
https://ahevents.net/index.php/events/scenarios/about-scenarios
4 time scenario C.O. ~ As dew appears, As dew Vanishes, Such is my life, Everything in this world, Is but a dream within a dream.

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2017, 01:15:30 AM »
Ask and ye shall receive...

Lol.  That's what I am talking about.  If any of you guys had any blooper moment in FSO that is worthy to share....post it. We all need the laughs.
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline LilMak

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2017, 11:14:09 AM »
I think most of us thought it was funny. I was already a couple beers in so it might not have been as funny as it seemed.
"When caught by the enemy in large force the best policy is to fight like hell until you can decide what to do next."
~Hub Zemke
P-47 pilot 56th Fighter Group.

Offline DubiousKB

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2017, 11:16:03 AM »
I think most of us thought it was funny. I was already a couple beers in so it might not have been as funny as it seemed.

I laughed more at this than the 56th getting wiped in our fancy Il-2's!!!!   :uhoh  Happened about the same speed...

Boom, what was that. Boom. I'm dead too. Anyone need a gunner? We're all dead... :headscratch:
56th Fighter Group -  Jug Life

Offline branch37

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 Jolly Rogers
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2017, 11:23:57 AM »
Several years ago VF-17 was tasked to bomb a city strat in B-17s. As it happened our bomb accuracy was damn near perfect and we wiped it out with no losses to our buffs. Turns out, through a navigation/communication error, we hit the wrong target.

It has become a running joke in VF-17 every time we get buffs we have to make sure not to bomb the orphanage again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CMDR Branch37
VF-17 Jolly Rogers  C.O.

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2017, 12:34:14 PM »
It was pretty funny, that and the commentary that followed.  :devil

Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline snakeplissken

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2017, 03:26:11 PM »
There was also a classic where fully loaded TBMs were taking off from a carrier and 30 of them went into the drink.  That was on youtube for a while.

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2017, 08:38:55 PM »
how about the one where someone dropped a bomb on the end of the runway and wiped out an entire squad?

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2017, 08:49:59 AM »
You want FSO bloopers? You mean....

like...

THIS:

:D

An oldy but a fond memory. I couldn't breathe.

Edit: In case that embed doesn't work: https://youtu.be/fly972Mc1T0
« Last Edit: July 12, 2017, 08:54:32 AM by Krusty »

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2017, 09:56:55 AM »
OMG that was priceless!!! Love the laughs!!!  :rofl :rofl :rofl
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.