32GB RAM
Fly at 3840x 2160 resolution

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Re: Stuff
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2017, 08:20:34 PM »
if you are unwilling to follow up on the offer of contacting HTC through personal message or email to get an answer, to the original question you asked, just stop

Seeing a bunch of locked threads in the help and training section doesn't look good and makes it worse for those that come to this help and training section to get help!
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2017, 08:43:15 PM »
Enjoy your empire.....

We will, Dobs.  Sorry that you couldn't enjoy it as well.

- oldman

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2017, 10:02:41 PM »
Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline Fletcher

• Persona Non Grata
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2017, 05:12:20 PM »
What's up everyone! Haven't been able to play since I've been busy with the real world, but I thought I'd drop by the BBS and see what's been going on and I'm a little confused with the recent threads in here. I noticed Dobs has been getting in a bit of trouble so I took a look at his threads to see what's up. I see his first thread he was asking if there was a minimum connection enforcements in AH. It seemed like a very reasonably question as a lot of games that I have played in the past have a system like this where you get a kick from a server if your ping is too high. I saw Skuzzy told him to contact HTC directly for the answer but I'm confused as to why it couldn't be answered here? It would be a lot less work I think as the alternative is HTC having to answer phone calls and emails half the day for all the questions people have.

Hope Skuzzy doesn't take this the wrong way. I'm just confused as to why a simple question couldn't be answered on the help section of the forums.

Look forward to flying with you all again when I get some free time! I remember having lots of fun with JimmyC and his gang!  :salute

Offline ToeTag

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2017, 05:30:57 PM »
Here's the simple answer....Nothing is simple, unless you can answer the question yourself.  If IRTHEGEEK feels it would be easier for someone to call, then his recommendation will be a verbal walk through.

Lovie Dovies
They call it "common sense", then why is it so uncommon?

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2017, 06:04:29 PM »
It seemed like a simple solution; contact Hitech directly for an answer.  Most likely there was a specific reason Skuzzy advised Dobs to do so.  He declined to do so.   So.......?

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2017, 06:42:49 PM »
My guess is the answer may have stirred up some controversy. So in an effort to avoid any issues Skuzzy asked him to do it privately. I guess Dobs couldn't handle that answer.

Offline Vudu15

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2017, 07:49:43 PM »
I wonder if dobs middle name was Fletcher...... :noid
"No odds too great"

"I was a horse ahead at the end" - Nathan Bedford Forrest
Training Video List https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL54E5CE

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2017, 08:12:25 PM »
Hope Skuzzy doesn't take this the wrong way. I'm just confused as to why a simple question couldn't be answered on the help section of the forums.

Dobs couldn't follow simple instructions. The ones you just read, and couldn't follow.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2017, 09:00:52 PM »
I wonder if dobs middle name was Fletcher......

Heh.  Had a similar thought.

- oldman

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2017, 12:03:33 AM »
There's an easy way and a hard way to do things.  Some are inclined to always seek out the most difficult option.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2017, 06:04:11 AM »
<snip>
<snip>

It was not the question, per se, it was the way it was presented. Turns out, he was not looking for an answer anyway.

It was not presented in the "Help" forums.  It was presented in the general forum, and I moved it.

Just like this thread getting started was not an attempt to get an answer.  It is also an attempt to stir the pot.  If an answer was all that was wanted, then he, or you, would have looked to HTC for the answer, instead of this passive-aggressive approach using open VPN relays to hide.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 08:20:38 AM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com