Author Topic: Checking the Six  (Read 892 times)

Offline Infidelz

• Nickel Member
Checking the Six
« on: July 23, 2017, 06:27:34 AM »
So this is one thing that seems difficult for me. The FOV just isn't there yet and I can't do gymnastics in my cockpit while trying to fly. So what can be done?

The center Tracking command believe its CNTL F4, auto center you in a forward direction. Wondering what combination of keystrokes do the same only center aft? Be great to have capability to switch back and forth without having to hold on to the hat and than having thumb slip while maneuvering.

Can we have a new function center aft? Or is there some keystrokes that can be put together to do that?

Thanks,

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
Re: Checking the Six
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2017, 06:47:44 AM »
Many of us have hoped for a trackIr like solution to the rear view problem but none have been forthcoming.

Most of us have switched to either a hat switch look back left or right or look left or right.  Either way you have to set your head position for each view.  It is a bit more difficult in VR to set head position than regular AH.

Offline Infidelz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2017, 07:29:43 AM »
Many of us have hoped for a trackIr like solution to the rear view problem but none have been forthcoming.

Most of us have switched to either a hat switch look back left or right or look left or right.  Either way you have to set your head position for each view.  It is a bit more difficult in VR to set head position than regular AH.

Question is there a set and forget command I.e. one keystroke and don't have to hold it down keystroke such that I am looking rearwards until I enter a look front type keystroke (as an example).

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2017, 08:47:43 AM »
If you had a center rear view key all you'd see is the headrest. You'll want to use your view hat if you can't/won't swivel around in your chair and you'll want to adjust your hat views to your personal preference.

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2017, 05:57:44 AM »
Question is there a set and forget command I.e. one keystroke and don't have to hold it down keystroke such that I am looking rearwards until I enter a look front type keystroke (as an example).

If you have a thrustmaster product that can use thrustmaster's TARGET software you could.

Offline Infidelz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2017, 05:14:38 AM »
If you had a center rear view key all you'd see is the headrest. You'll want to use your view hat if you can't/won't swivel around in your chair and you'll want to adjust your hat views to your personal preference.

The Oculus would compensate for that. I am currently using hat views and find them to be clumsy.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2017, 07:22:20 AM »
The Oculus would compensate for that. I am currently using hat views and find them to be clumsy.

You asked about "center aft" so I included that in my answer.

As you know all the hat views are adjustable so you can set the rear view to see better around the headrest. This works with both TIR and VR. You only need the rear view mapped, everything else you can do by turning your head but I find it useful to have all my views mapped.

Any artificial view system takes time to get used to , then it becomes habit and no problem.

Offline Infidelz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2017, 04:28:14 AM »
You asked about "center aft" so I included that in my answer.

As you know all the hat views are adjustable so you can set the rear view to see better around the headrest. This works with both TIR and VR. You only need the rear view mapped, everything else you can do by turning your head but I find it useful to have all my views mapped.

Any artificial view system takes time to get used to , then it becomes habit and no problem.

All true, everything can be done without this contraption. I wasn't asking about that. I don't know why we are still discussing that.

Question I had was is there a command or series of command where I can press a button and be looking aft. I don't want to hold the button anymore. I don't want keypresses emanating from my joystick afterwards. I just want something similar to the center tracking device command cntl F4.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2017, 12:09:27 PM »

All true, everything can be done without this contraption. I wasn't asking about that. I don't know why we are still discussing that.

Because it's a public forum not a PM I like to repeat things for new readers.

Question I had was is there a command or series of command where I can press a button and be looking aft. I don't want to hold the button anymore. I don't want keypresses emanating from my joystick afterwards. I just want something similar to the center tracking device command cntl F4.

If you have a controller with a toggle switch, like the Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, you can map the switch to the rear view and toggle between rear view and front view.